Roundabout VS the Comfortsport

cryswilkins

No, I am not getting one! ;) BUT my DD rides in my nieces old one at my MILs.

How so they compare height wise? My DD is close to an inch of the top of the RA rear-facing. She hasn't been in the Crappysport in a while, but I am thinking that its probably outgrown RF as well. Is this a good assumption?

How does the Scenera compare height wise, taller right?

My MIL will have DD more this summer and as much as I hate it she will be driving her all over the countryside:rolleyes: so a seat for her is a must.

Thoughts?

ADS

BabyKaykes

My son outgrew the CS rear facing at just before 2yo when his torso hit 12" (he STILL has no neck). With a 12.5" torso now, he has .5" until it his outgrown FF.

Going by the 1" rule, he still fits in the RA, but I'm not sure how much room he has.

In the Scenera he still has 2-3" until he hits the 1" mark.

scatterbunny

But the Scenera definitely offers more RF room than the RA. :thumbsup: And, the Safety 1st Uptown offers even more RF room, and does not sit up on a base. It seems to be discontinued, but at Lifesavers the Dorel rep showed a pic of a new seat called the Safety 1st Avenue, I believe it was, and it's identical to the Uptown, just a different cover (and it looked really cute, like floral or paisley or something like that).

BabyKaykes

And he has the most room in an Uptown! :D I really love that seat, the more I see pics of it. I can't wait for Dorel to release the new version.

Jenny - Did you see the new seat? Do you think there's more shoulder room? I'm not at all worried about it, but I know people think the Uptown is too narrow in the shoulders for older kids.

scatterbunny

They didn't have an actual seat there, just a slideshow with various new products, and the "Safety 1st Avenue" was one of them. It looks identical to the Uptown in every way, except for the name and cover.

BabyKaykes

Interesting....I'd like to know what they changed. I just don't see them discontinuing a seat just to bring it back exactly the same with a new name, KWIM?

Although...this IS Dorel...How many names do the 3in1s and the Apex have???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC