Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Roundabout VS the Comfortsport

No, I am not getting one! BUT my DD rides in my nieces old one at my MILs.

How so they compare height wise? My DD is close to an inch of the top of the RA rear-facing. She hasn't been in the Crappysport in a while, but I am thinking that its probably outgrown RF as well. Is this a good assumption?

How does the Scenera compare height wise, taller right?

My MIL will have DD more this summer and as much as I hate it she will be driving her all over the countryside so a seat for her is a must.

Thoughts?

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Roundabout VS the Comfortsport

My son outgrew the CS rear facing at just before 2yo when his torso hit 12" (he STILL has no neck). With a 12.5" torso now, he has .5" until it his outgrown FF.

Going by the 1" rule, he still fits in the RA, but I'm not sure how much room he has.

In the Scenera he still has 2-3" until he hits the 1" mark.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Compared to the CS, the RA is HUGE. lol
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

But the Scenera definitely offers more RF room than the RA. And, the Safety 1st Uptown offers even more RF room, and does not sit up on a base. It seems to be discontinued, but at Lifesavers the Dorel rep showed a pic of a new seat called the Safety 1st Avenue, I believe it was, and it's identical to the Uptown, just a different cover (and it looked really cute, like floral or paisley or something like that).
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

A thread I created a couple weeks ago. Pics included. His remaining RF room in the FPSVD is similar to what he's got left in Scenera.

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t...ghlight=uptown
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKaykes View Post
    A thread I created a couple weeks ago. Pics included. His remaining RF room in the FPSVD is similar to what he's got left in Scenera.

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t...ghlight=uptown
    And he has the most room in an Uptown! I really love that seat, the more I see pics of it. I can't wait for Dorel to release the new version.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Quote Originally Posted by scatterbunny View Post
    And he has the most room in an Uptown! I really love that seat, the more I see pics of it. I can't wait for Dorel to release the new version.
    Jenny - Did you see the new seat? Do you think there's more shoulder room? I'm not at all worried about it, but I know people think the Uptown is too narrow in the shoulders for older kids.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

They didn't have an actual seat there, just a slideshow with various new products, and the "Safety 1st Avenue" was one of them. It looks identical to the Uptown in every way, except for the name and cover.
    ~Jenny

Interesting....I'd like to know what they changed. I just don't see them discontinuing a seat just to bring it back exactly the same with a new name, KWIM?

Although...this IS Dorel...How many names do the 3in1s and the Apex have???
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Exactly. What they do doesn't always make sense.
    ~Jenny