Maclaren Volo or FP stroller?

USmominOz

Ok, we are coming home at x-mas a need a stroller for ds to use when he is tired (jet lag), I have not seen the Mac-Volo in person hard to find here in Au.
So what do you think would be best for a 5 y/o who weighs 45lbs? He has about a 15 in torso.

We are going to Fiji for 3 days then to AZ for 3 days, then to SF for 4 days then to Seattle for 12 days then back to AU.

The volo is about $55 and the FP is only $40? I like the fact the FP has a large basket for when I go shopping. But then again the Volo is very light weight.

Or he has the Triumph for $90.00

The FP would stay in the states and I would try to bring the Volo back w/ me. Dh will kill me because I already have 4 strollers in the garage.

Do you think this is a safe place to order from? They will ship to AU, or I can have it shipped to my moms.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Volo-C...ryZ66703QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
ADS

emandbri

It depends on your kid. My 4 year old STILL falls asleep so even though the volo is cute I have never been able to get one. He now sometimes uses my mac past the weight limit (it is a 2001) I'm hoping doing so will break it and I can buy another :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Love our Volo...my older toddlers slept fine in it on long days...love that I can fold it up an carry it on my shoulder.... it can hold a lot of soft bulky stuff (jackets), but yeah, the basket's not so hot for shopping. Like Emily, I can't seem to kill my 2002 Volo to have an excuse to get another mac... but if this is your last kiddo, maybe you just want to go with the FP? It won't last as long, but you won't need it to....

arly1983

We have had two triumphs and looooooove them. I only sold the first one because I got tired of the light color.

Really, its according towards which way you are leaning: buying cheap and leaving here or taking it home with you.

Dillipop

Do you have a link to the FP? Does it go to 40 pounds or higher?

Personally, I would go with the volo, esp with the price! It is an awesome price for the volo. My little one- 20 months- sleeps in our volo all the time. My older son, almost 5, fits quite comfortably in the volo and still has head support. The volo is really easy to push, even with his 40+ pounds.

Besides, the volo is light and folds up to nothing. I would guess international shipping for the volo would be a lot less than a bulkier stroller....and you'd have it's use on your return trip. It takes up very little space in the trunk of my sedan.

skaterbabs

Honestly, there's no comparison. It's like comparing a Geo Metro to a Dodge Charger. The FP is okay, but the Volo is worlds better.:twocents:

Joy occasionally falls asleep in the stroller (and we use it more if she's fallen asleep in the car as well), and she's never had any trouble with it.

USmominOz

How is the fabric on the link that I posted? Is that the one you all have? I just really don't like the new ones w/ white on it. It would get way to dirty.

The Volo is $200 here in Au.

Anyone have any pics of older kids in it?

skaterbabs

We have the Carbon (grey/black) Volo. Here's a picture of Joy in it, taken about ten minutes ago. ;) We have the sunshade, but have never used it.
2419830972_aefecb07b3.jpg

sarsah

The Volo is a great stroller for a tall and/or somewhat heavy (40-50lb) child. My oldest is almost 8 with really long legs and if he could fold himself up enough <lol>, he'd still want to ride in the Volo.

I got the Volo when my oldest was about the same age and weight as your DC (I bought it for my 18 month old DS#2 for our trip to Disney, but he liked to walk and DS#1 liked to ride -- go figure) and it worked out great. It was so easy to push & steer, even with a 45lb. child riding. My other stroller at the time (Graco Metrolite) was very hard to push & steer with a 45lb. child in it.

Both my kids slept in the Volo (not at the same time <lol>), without the recline and didn't seem to miss it. I think the Volo is a great lightweight stroller and would highly recommend it.

Sarah.......

Niea

I have no experience with the FP stroller, but I have a Volo and adore it. DD's never had a problem falling asleep in it, including a day-long trips at Disney and one-hour jaunt to the mall. Since the Volo has a sling seat, it's actually somewhat reclined anyway and seems to be comfortable enough for sleeping.

I love how it folds up so small and is only 8lbs. It's my favorite stroller by far!

USmominOz

Thanks, now I am on a hunt for one. The guy on ebay sold his last 2.

I looked at one here and they want $200 AU.

Thanks for the pic.

USmominOz

He's got more in in the carbon which is the color I want. It would only be $130 w/ shipping to here, still way cheaper than buying it here and I did not like the new ones w/ the white top.

How is the material, does it bother your kids legs being the mesh? May be my sis can make a liner for it w/ dinosaurs.

He has the Triumph in Navy for $90 w/ shipping here it would be $170, which one would you go for? DS will start school next year and as of now I only use a stroller about 1 time every 2 weeks.
I do have a techno xt, but it just seems to big now.

Last edited:

USmominOz

We have the Carbon (grey/black) Volo. Here's a picture of Joy in it, taken about ten minutes ago. ;) We have the sunshade, but have never used it.
2419830972_aefecb07b3.jpg

Your area looks so pretty.

It looks like it has more leg support than the Triumph.

I just will have to sneak it into my luggage, dh said he won't let me take a troller w/ me on our trip home.:(

Niea

The mesh hasn't bothered my DD at all and on hot days, she really appreciates it. You can always buy the Volo accessory pack which includes a seat liner.

USmominOz

Since it is a bit tipsy, where do you put your bag?

I do have a carry you saddle bag that I can put on it.

Ds might be ok w/ the material.

It seems wider than the Triumph when I was looking at them?

Does anyone have the seat liner that they might want to sell, and if so how much?

Last edited:

skaterbabs

He's got more in in the carbon which is the color I want. It would only be $130 w/ shipping to here, still way cheaper than buying it here and I did not like the new ones w/ the white top.

How is the material, does it bother your kids legs being the mesh?
Your area looks so pretty.

It looks like it has more leg support than the Triumph.

I just will have to sneak it into my luggage, dh said he won't let me take a troller w/ me on our trip home.:(

Thanks. We like it around here.

The mesh actually is a good thing here - 100+ degree days with 80% humidity are common in the summer, so it keeps DD cool rather than sweaty. It's a fabric mesh, not plastic-y at all.

It folds really compactly, and will be great for getting through airports fast.

As for the tipping, I just put my bag in the package carrier, but I don't carry a big bag.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC