Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Anyone ever done 3 across in a Pilot

****I'm posting here because the car thread doesn't seem to get enough action!!!

I will be watching my cousins twins in a few days and need to go a few places.

She has MA's and the kiddos are FF. I know technically I can put one of them in the 3rd row but I don't like that option.

Just curious if it's realistic to fit a BV(rf) and 2 MA's (I could put one rf since her kiddos are under 33 pounds but despite my best she has them ff).

I don't want to have to be messing around with it on Thursday since I will have 3 toddlers to take care of!!!!
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Anyone ever done 3 across in a Pilot

Hi Steph, my mom has an 06 pilot and has 2 ff MA next to each other and has pleanty of room on the other side. I haven't tried it before, but I bet the ff, rf,ff would work great. HTH! Kate

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

I've done three across in a Pilot, but it was a Roundabout, Regent, and Nautilus. It was actually pretty easy because the Regent is so low that the two other seats puzzled over it.

I know that doesn't help you much since those aren't the seats you're using! But it is a fairly wide back seat, and with them facing different directions, I would think it might be possible. I'm sure SOMEONE here has tried 3 big Britaxes in a Pilot and can let you know how it worked.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

I've done 3-across in the Pilot, two Marathons and another seat (Parkway or Roundabout) with plenty of room to spare in the 2nd row. There's no doubt in my mind that you could do 3 Marathon-shaped seats across in the Pilot.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Thanks guys.

I'll post pics when I get them installed!!
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)