Aftermarket Doozie

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
This isn't necessarily a new thing, but I got some aftermarket products yesterday to demonstrate no-nos.

This is my favorite: a Gold Bug All-Around Support

IMGP2205.jpg

Where do the harness straps come from? I dunno!

Those tubes that the thigh straps need to fit over? Oh, they're only 8 inches in circumference! :eek:

I'm not sure how you'd even squeeze a baby in there...

Last edited:
ADS

Ali

How can a parent even think a child would be comfortable in that ??????

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

wildeyes

i actually have one of these. i use it in the house. it was wayyy too short for dd2 at about 2 months old. (she was 21 inches at birth) i do like it because it has a longer part that goes under the tush, but i have to leave the "leg cushions" off, cause her feet and legs dangle over the end of them. it's nice for the stroller tho. :) i cannot imagine anyone would, in their right minds, think it is good or safe for a carseat. but, then again, i think of all the other crazy things people do o their seats....

Mommy2Five

LOL NO FLAMING PLEASE I KNOW BETTER NOW!!

08-24-2005-6.jpg

(One tong is unbuckled because they were cutting the hossy security device off his ankle)

When I bought this for DS#2 in "04 I thought it was the best option, because the cushioning was around the baby, and not behind him. The harness threads through between the bumper and the back, so it doesn't create so much space between the baby and the straps as it would appear in your picture. I now know that No Aftermarket Products Are Acceptable, but at the time he loved that thing...it kept him very comfy.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm...on mine, there wasn't anywhere for the thigh straps to go EXCEPT over the big bumpers. When I checked the picture on the package, I noticed the model was in a three-point, which made more sense. Perhaps there are different versions of it?

On a side note, your son looks eerily similar to mine as a newborn! (He's an '04 baby, too.)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, wait, I get it. If you undo some of the snaps, you can get the harness between the bumpers and the baby, right? Even so, I have to imagine that most people would do it the way I did...

Mommy2Five

Does the bumper snap onto he back material (mine came in 3 sections that snapped to the backing)?
Mine threaded through between the snaps.

Mommy2Five

Hehe cross posted. Yeah most people do go over the bumpers.. I've seen several, and commented to the mommies about aftermarket products not being safe (while feeling like a hypocrite lol), but if they insisted on using it, it needed to be corrected....

kmcenery

My grandmother bought that for me to use with my daughter. I knew that after market things are a no-no so I never used it in the car seat. I did use it in the stroller and swing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC