3 across in tiny cars?! HELP!

momofelyse2004

We are looking at downsizing one of our vehicles to save some money while my husband is deployed. We would very RARELY have to have the 3 children in the car but for obvious reasons, we feel that it needs to be able to happen just in case.

So, he is looking at the Hyunai Accent (2 door), the Chevy Aveo, Chevy Colbalt, etc. Think SMALL.

Does anyone know if you can fit 3 across? I have one child that can be in a booster, one that would be FF and one that would be RF for the first year at least.

We are not thinking of the best of the best in this regard...again it's just to get us through in case of emergency or pinch. We have the "big" carseats (Britax) in the minivan.

Any suggestions or input would be great as I am new to this forum. Or if someone has one of those smaller options of vehicles and has had a nightmare of a time or an easy time, I would like to hear it all. :)

THANKS!
Oh PS: My name is Rachael, I live in Michigan and we are expecting our 3rd daughter this July! :)

ADS

christineka

In our Tempo I've fit a booster, radian, and a rear-facing evenflo tribute. I tried the scenera in there today and it did not fit. The tribute doesn't work for newborns though. It'll really depend on the car and all that.

Christine

musicmaj

It can be done. Check on my siggy pic. That is a 1990 corolla. It is very small. I have a regal ride (from albee baby), a radian, and a fpsv booster in there. A scenera did not fit next to the radian.

We can suggest some seats for you if you can tell us age, weight, and torso height of your children.

nurse4kidsrjn

I've heard you could fit three radians across. I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that they are one of the more narrow car seats.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
We have a 2000 Mazda Protege and I have been able to fit 3 seats in there depending on the combo of seats, including 2 rf larger Britax convertibles side by side. All comes down to how the seats puzzle next to each other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC