Vehicle recommendations - 4 + 1 CRS's

April

So we're thinking about getting rid of my Durango (not immediately, but likely sometime in the next year). As you can see in my siggy, we have 2 kids in boosters and 2 kids harnessed. I don't see any of them graduating from their seats in the next 3 years or so. HOWEVER, we do plan on having another in the future (probably looking at TTC next summer), so if we're going to get a vehicle in the next year, it would only make sense that it be one that we can get 3 harnessed seats and 2 boosters in, and then later 2 harnessed seats and 3 boosters, etc. I would love tp be able to do captain's chairs in the second row and then put 2 boosters outboard in the back and a FF harnessed seat in the middle third row. That way I could have a boostered kid in one second row Captain's chair and an infant or RF convertable in the other.

We are looking at something 03 or newer (LATCH), but not brand new. I would prefer an SUV but realize that this is a bit of a ridiculous expectation at this point and that its very likely I have to concede to a minivan. The thing I hate about my Durango is the second row bench seat means the big kids have to climb through the middle of the second row bench to get in the back. And if they forget to buckle their boosters when they get out, its a pain to reach back there to buckle them because I have to lean over the folded down centre of the 2nd row in between 2 harnessed seats.

So far I see that the Suburban, Sienna 8 pass, and Oddesy ar all popular amoung larger families. Any thoughts or comments on those three plus any other options would be greatly appreciated. We're not in a rush, but would like to narrow down what we'll be looking for.

Thanks!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC