Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quick question about expirty on GN

How many years? My IL's might buy one for us but ds doesn't really need one for another year, they want to buy it next month and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting it free, to lose a year of use out of it. He's 2.5 so he'd need it to have at least 6 years before expiry.
    Bekah and my 4 blessings...Evan, 7.5 years, 44 lbs 48 inches FF in TB and Vivo. Allison, 5.5 years, 40 lbs, 45 inches FF in Britax Frontier. Clara, 3 years, 28 lbs, 36.5 inches RF in Britax Marathon. Molly, 1 year, 21 lbs, 29.5 inches, RF in SR35.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Quick question about expirty on GN

If they buy it next month it's almost certain that it'll have a Jan/Feb 2008 DOM. In which case it will expire Dec 2014. Which will give you a little over 6yrs of use.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

You should be fine with getting one next month. I purchased 2 last week and both had DOM's of 2/22/2208. Good for 6 years. If you can get them to wait though they might come out with some better colors down the road besides the boring grays!
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

Carseat Crazy

I know! Hopefully I can convince them to wait! I'd rather get a different/better cover! They just want to buy "something" for him, you know! And he definitely doesn't need toys!
    Bekah and my 4 blessings...Evan, 7.5 years, 44 lbs 48 inches FF in TB and Vivo. Allison, 5.5 years, 40 lbs, 45 inches FF in Britax Frontier. Clara, 3 years, 28 lbs, 36.5 inches RF in Britax Marathon. Molly, 1 year, 21 lbs, 29.5 inches, RF in SR35.

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Could you talk them into gift cards to use towards the seat closer to when he needs it, and something little (a book or small toy)?

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Yeah, that is a great idea Teri! If you can get them to get a Walmart giftcard it will be good for atleast 1 year and that will keep you from losing that 1 year on the DOM by getting it now! Maybe by then Graco will have come up with some better color schemes or come down on the price a little....
    Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    Could you talk them into gift cards to use towards the seat closer to when he needs it, and something little (a book or small toy)?
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

At Lifesavers, the Grace rep stated...."6 years with the back and 9 years without using the back". Hope htis answers your question.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo