I'm Getting My Boulevard !!!!!

MissAllyLou

After spending 25 minutes convincing this poor woman from Britax that I really HAVE tried all the tricks in the book to get the harness on my DC to tighten, she finally agreed to replace it! I'm getting the Barrington, because she said the Meghan wasn't available ???? I'll be replacing the cover though, for sure !!! :D

If I go buy the Meghan at Babies R Us, would I be able to sell the replacement seat Britax is sending me, or would I have to switch the covers, and sell the one I bought? Does anyone know how that works? TIA!

ADS

mcomommy

I don't see why you could not just sell the one you are getting and go buy the one you want. I am glad you were able to get a easier to use seat :thumbsup: I would love to have a BLVD.

Calideedle

That is so awesome! I am so jealous too! lol

Court - I know when they replaced my Marathon they emailed me a label to print out.

MissAllyLou

Does Britax require you to pay for shipping of the old seat back? I've never done this.

The lady didn't say ... and I did ask! All she said was that if the box was too badly damaged, I would have to find another box to ship it back in.

I am so excited !!! :thumbsup: I love my DC, but it is SOOOO frustrating to not be able to use it RF ... I specifically bought a Britax for the "RFing until 33 lbs!"

jclaire

They said that Meghan was unavailable?! They called me today to confirm that my Meghan BLVD was sent out today!

They told me to put the DC in the BLVD box and they supposedly emailed me a shipping lable but I haven't gotten it yet.

bekah

If they sell that version at BRU you could probably do a merchandise return and get store credit for the new one and then use that store credit to get the pattern you like.

mcomommy

I got a replacement cover and they were supposed to mail me a lable to ship my old one back, 3 weeks later I called and they had to resend it. I got it about 5 weeks after I got my new cover :rolleyes:

MissAllyLou

If they sell that version at BRU you could probably do a merchandise return and get store credit for the new one and then use that store credit to get the pattern you like.

So if I already bought the Meghan that I wanted, can I take the Barrington to Babies r us and 'return' it? They don't have the Barrington cover there, but I know I've seen random return covers there before ....

evan'smom

Was this the first time you had called them about the DC? We bought a DC in June of 07 that was hard to tighten, even after the recall kit. I called Britax and then replaced it with another DC. That one is hard to tighten too! Do you think it's work a try to get them to replace it with either a MA or BLVD?
Thanks!
Cathy
DS 2/19/07 RF Signo/Decathalon

MissAllyLou

Was this the first time you had called them about the DC? We bought a DC in June of 07 that was hard to tighten, even after the recall kit. I called Britax and then replaced it with another DC. That one is hard to tighten too! Do you think it's work a try to get them to replace it with either a MA or BLVD?
Thanks!
Cathy
DS 2/19/07 RF Signo/Decathalon

I called three times (it was on the 3rd they replaced it).... I basically just wouldn't take no for an answer the third time. Then, when she finally offered to replace it, I refused to take another DC .... but I woulda taken a MA. But, she offered either a MA or a BV ... so I took the BV ;-) Easy choice! I would say it was worth the hassle .... but I haven't gotten my replacement seat yet.

MissAllyLou

Here's E in her new seat! She loved it (she's telling me in the pic that her new 'tar'seat should be called "Piglet," because they are both pink!)

evan'smom

I need help! What did you say to finally convince them to trade out your seat? I just spent several minutes on the phone with customer service trying to convince them it is NOT user error causing my problem. When I asked about trading it for a different model, I was told that they are not allowed to do that. Did you have to speak with a supervisor or just the regular rep?

Thanks!
Cathy
Evan 2/19/07

T~Licious

Wow I guess it really depends on who you talk to! The woman we talked to didn't require any arguing at all, and said yes they could give one model up or one down. I guess she was tired of hearing about the decathlons :ROTFLMAO:

We got our replacement decathlon (ugh I wish the Blvd had more than one crotch setting!) and now I am trying to sell it to buy DS a regent.

miraclebabies

When I called a few weeks ago to get them to replace my DC they didn't ask any questions. I never told them the model # or date, I told her it was Cappuccino and the problems I was having. She asked if I wanted the same DC cover or any color of MA or BLVD. I shipped the seat the next day and received my new one a day after that. I love the new MA I got, it's DOM is April 15 and it is so much better than the DC.

I need help! What did you say to finally convince them to trade out your seat? I just spent several minutes on the phone with customer service trying to convince them it is NOT user error causing my problem. When I asked about trading it for a different model, I was told that they are not allowed to do that. Did you have to speak with a supervisor or just the regular rep?

Thanks!
Cathy
Evan 2/19/07

MissAllyLou

Thanks!
Cathy
Evan 2/19/07

The woman I talked to was pretty put off at first, and gave me a thousand different ways to get the harness snug. I told her I had tried all of them (and I had). Then she asked if I had taken it to a fire station or police station, and I said no, but I 'work' (I'm actually an intern!! tee hee) for Safe Kids Coalition, and she just said "Oh." Then she told me that it didn't warrant a warranty replacement and I said, "I can't use my $300 car seat rear-facing. How does that NOT warrant a replacement?" She put me on hold for ten minutes, then got back on the line and told me her supervisor said it was okay to replace my seat. I said thank you, and what can you replace it with, cuz I don't want another faulty DC. She said I could either have a BLVD or a MA, and I of course chose the more expensive, but complete with TSIP, BLVD! I chose to have them send the seat out first, and they took my credit card number as collateral. I had my seat in 2 days! I did have to call once for the return-shipping label, but that was corrected the same day.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC