Need to pick new seats! input please

busymom

Ok..we need to buy some new seats and I need some suggestions.
I'd like to buy 3... so costs might be a factor here. We recently purchased a 2006 Ford Freestar I have 4 riders and one of them is rear facing.

The baby is in a Safeseat.

I need suggestions for placement of the seats and which ones I should buy for the almost 6 year old 4 year old and 2.5 year old *phew!*

4 & almost 6 year old are petite build and average height... they are both under 45 pounds. My 2.5 year old is slim and around 32 pounds he is tallish.

Would I be safe to buy a Britax booster for my almost 6 year old?

What are good seat options for the 4 and 2.5 year old?

Thanks in advance.

ADS

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
Have you thought about the new graco nautilus? That may work for the 4 year old and possibly the 2.5 year old and 6 year old. The regent is another option as I think it is a little taller but alot bigger. Check your walmart to see about the graco, right now they are a little hard to find. They are about 150.00 each. The regent is between 220-300 depending if you can find a sale. I'm too paranoid to have my 5 year old in a booster all of the time. Its safest to stay in a harness.

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I love the triumph advance. Do any seats have to be next to each other? I'm not familiar with that kind of car. The advance here in the US only goes to 50lbs, so may be good for the 2 year old since you'd be able to pass it to the baby later, but the older kids, I'd get something with taller harness slots.

busymom

Here is my layout

I have two captains chairs in the middle both with latch.
I have a back bench seats 3 but latch is ONLY in the middle seating position.

So with 4 kidlets who should go where?

busymom

I love the triumph advance. Do any seats have to be next to each other? I'm not familiar with that kind of car. The advance here in the US only goes to 50lbs, so may be good for the 2 year old since you'd be able to pass it to the baby later, but the older kids, I'd get something with taller harness slots.

Well that seat here only goes to 47 pounds.
However my 6 year old is around 40 pounds. soooo

My kids tend to be on the smallish size..

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I personally wouldn't buy a seat for 7 pounds, not at that price. I would find something that is going to last longer. Latch and seatbelt are both safe. I would likely put the baby in one of the captain chairs, the 4 and 7 year olds in the back, one on each side and the 2 year old in the other captain chair. You'll have to see how it works getting them all buckled and rearrange from there.

I'm not even sure if canada has the regent. Have you looked at the new graco seat? I don't actually know if its in canada either so it may not be a choice. I know the radian is in canada and will get your littlier ones to about 5-6 years if they are small.

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I found this on another thread

For booster combo seats in Canada that harness past 40lbs are:
*Graco Cargo with upfront adjust(48lbs) makes a ok booster (17" THS)
*Evenflo Chase(16.8" THS)/Vision/Tradition (16" THS) (47lb limit) makes a ok booster
*Evenflo Bolero/Generations (47lb) makes a decent booster (Bolero is $120 at Walmart) (16.5" THS)
*Cosco Apex (65lb) makes a decent booster ~ (17" THS)

For Higher Weight seats:
*Britax Marathon (65lbs) (17" THS)
*Sunshine Kids Radian (65lbs) (18" THS)
*Evenflo EFTA (47lbs) (17" THS)

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
After looking at the choices. I might go with the evenflo bolero/gereration or the graco cargo with the front adjuster (I would pick the graco since I have owned 4 of that seat and loved them) just make sure its the front adjust ones and 2 triumph advances, figuring when your baby moves up it might be time to get a booster that is only a booster for your oldest one

In the morning more people will be around to help you decide.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I would go with a Britax Parkway or Graco TurboBooster (high back) for your 6 year old.

The four year old would get a Radian (harnesses to 65lbs with tall top slots).

The 2.5 year old would get either a Radian or an Evenflo Triumph Advance.

The 6 year old and 4 year old would go in the third row. The baby and the 2.5 year old in the captain's chairs.

A Parkway ($120), Radian ($229), and EFTA ($145) would cost you ~ $500 and the only seats you would need to buy in future years are boosters (one low back and one high back ~ $140 total). :)

busymom

Thanks!

I was wondering about the Britax Parkway.

I have a few questions actually.. now my son will be 6 June 1st.
My four year old will be 5 in December.. the two of them are literally identical in size and weight .. if ds almost 6 can go in a Parkway can DD as well?

Secondly I have a Turbo Booster here.. it is a low back however.. is this not safe for DS (almost 6)

Thanks again

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC