Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    crimsonpixel

5 Point Harness for 4 yr old

Can you help me find a booster with a 5-point harness that can be used over 40 lbs? We are moving our 4 yr old to a booster because we need her Roundabout for our 9 month old. I still want a 5-point harness for my 4 yr old. I prefer to stay under $150 if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Carrie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 5 Point Harness for 4 yr old

I can only think of 2 for under $150. The Apex which I believe is about $130 and the Nautilus which is about $150. The Apex is a wider seat and needs support from the vehicle back or headrest where as the Nautilus is a narrower seat and does not require any type of support.

Zack 12/20/90 Taylor 5/11/98
    Austin 4/16/03 69lbs 58" Happily riding in Incognitos!
    Gavin 4/20/09 53lbs, 47" FF in an RXT, GN, and 2 FR85's
    DN Olivia 10/2/14 riding in an SR35

Unregistered1

I would probably look at the Nautilus. It generally gets higher customer approval ratings than the Apex (especially because of the head rest/seat back issue with the Apex. It also has higher harness slots and since kids tend to outgrow seats in height before weight that makes it last longer for a lot of kids. It also turns into a pretty good booster after your child outgrows the harness (which goes to 65 lbs btw)

Most definitly the Nautilus, the Apex is horrible. The Nautilus has nice tall harness slots, 65lbs. limit on harness and its very easy to install. You'll love it

The apex is not a bad seat at all, it has its quirks just like all seats but in general can be found for quite a bit less then the nautilus, I've seen them as cheap as $89. It gets a bad rap because it does need headrests but the majority of new cars these days have headrests so I don't think its that bad at all for a budget seat.
    If it seems like I'm not making sense, it's probably just my phone