Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    sophie627

Tightening Graco Comfort Sport harness RF?

Any advice on how to do this? Having a really hard time tightening up the harness straps w/my RF seat.
    TIA!
    Hannah
    Henry and Carina, 5/5/05

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    First make sure nothing is making the harness stick in the back (like, is the metal plate back there moving freely? or is it stuck on a bit of plastic?). How's the recline? Is the adjuster crammed into the seatback so you can barely get to it? Maybe a rolled towel or pool noodle will make the seat recline a tich more so you can reach the adjuster better...this page shows good examples of good recline http://home.earthlink.net/~carseatsite/reclineangle.htm
    If all is well, then what you probably want to do is pull the lapstraps up nice and snug after you buckle the seat, then tug the harness straps on the BACK of the seat to make it tighter, while you are pulling the adjuster strap up to get the harness nice and snug.

Good luck, that seat can be quite a bear to deal with, I think a lot of moms find a way to leave it tight all the time, and always put their kiddo in the seat with the same level of clothing (just a shirt and sweater or fleece layer, no thick winter coats or buntings) every time, so they don't have to struggle with the adjuster.

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Unregistered
    I have mine reclined a little bit, and also the seat it is in is reclined a bit(it's in a captain's chair in our van). As long as I can actually reach the adjuster, it does fine.

Jana