Seat placement issues

christineka

I am trying to work out car seat placement in my van. I'm sure there is no perfect way, but I'm looking for advice on the best that I can do with what I have to work with.

I have a 1997 Ford Aerostar with one sliding door.
aerostar.jpg

There is a middle bench with two seats and a back bench with three. There are only tether anchors for the middle bench. The third seat in the back row by the door is thinner than the rest. (IE. Hard to fit a hand in there to buckle a seatbelt.)

I have found out that the radian can not be installed in any of the side locations due to the size of the female buckle. It fits great in the middle lap-only belt.

The other seats are:
rfing tribute (ds age 14 months)
rfing scenera (dd age 3)
two turboboosters (dds ages 6 and 8)

6 year old will cry about crawling under seats. When ds was on the thin seat by the door he hit the roof often getting in. 3 year old dd doesn't buckle herself and prefers to play around till I get to her.

Ds in the radian is only 42 pounds, so the tether is not necessary. Within 1 year we will purchase a different vehicle and plan to get a better one.

Christine

Last edited:
ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC