Britax is replacing our Decathlon!!

jclaire

I called them today to tell them that I just couldn't deal with the adjuster on the Decathlon any longer. The customer service guy kept giving me all the suggestions that I've already tried and finally he said "Well, it'll just be that way until you install it forward facing." to which I replied, "This seat will be rear facing for at least another year and I shouldn't just have to 'deal with it' since I paid nearly $300 for the seat."

So, he finally offered to replace it with another Decathlon or a Marathon. I said, "How about a Boulevard?" and he said "Ok, which color do you want?" YAY!!

So, we've got a Meghan Blvd on the way!!!

ADS

jclaire

Suhweet!

Glad you got that settled ...and...Meghan..hello? Cute!

I know, right? I'm so, so, so excited!! Presley's Joovy Doll Seat will be here tomorrow and then the BLVD will be here on Thursday! Could this week be any better?!?! :love:

Tara

Dang...I'd say that's pretty darn great LOL
2 car seats in a week is 2 car seats in a week, right? Even if one IS 'just a toy' :p

*btw, I just read your hb story ;) *

jclaire

Suhweet!

Glad you got that settled ...and...Meghan..hello? Cute!

Dang...I'd say that's pretty darn great LOL
2 car seats in a week is 2 car seats in a week, right? Even if one IS 'just a toy' :p

*btw, I just read your hb story ;) *

I think I'm honestly more excited about the Joovy then Presley is! Well...I don't know if that's true...everytime she sees me on the computer she yells "Car seat! Presley Car Seat for baby! See it!" and I have to pull up a pictures so that she can drool over it! LOL

Little CPST in the making!

Thanks for taking the time to read my hb story. I love getting the chance to share it with people! :love:

MissAllyLou

I called them today to tell them that I just couldn't deal with the adjuster on the Decathlon any longer. The customer service guy kept giving me all the suggestions that I've already tried and finally he said "Well, it'll just be that way until you install it forward facing." to which I replied, "This seat will be rear facing for at least another year and I shouldn't just have to 'deal with it' since I paid nearly $300 for the seat."

So, he finally offered to replace it with another Decathlon or a Marathon. I said, "How about a Boulevard?" and he said "Ok, which color do you want?" YAY!!

So, we've got a Meghan Blvd on the way!!!

How many times did you have to call them before they agreed to replace the seat? My DC harness is sooooo hard to tighten RF that I only use it FF now. I've called them twice, and I've installed the recall plastic screw things, but it sucks! Britax didn't seemed to concerned once I told them I had the recall kit installed.

jclaire

How many times did you have to call them before they agreed to replace the seat? My DC harness is sooooo hard to tighten RF that I only use it FF now. I've called them twice, and I've installed the recall plastic screw things, but it sucks! Britax didn't seemed to concerned once I told them I had the recall kit installed.

Just once! Here's basically how the convo went.

Me - I'm sick of the harness adjuster. It's impossible to work, I can't deal with it anymore.

Britax - Is it rear facing?

Me - Yes.

Britax - It'll be better when it's forward facing.

Me - We had it forward facing once in my mom's car, it wasn't any better.

Britax - You have to pull it completely straight, can't have it angled at all.

Me - Yeah, I know.

Britax - Short and steady tugs do the trick.

Me - No, they don't.

Britax - Does it work when she's not in the seat?

Me - Yes, but that doesn't help.

Britax - *insert 15 other useless suggestions*

Me - We've tried it all. Nothing works. I'm not willing to put up with it any longer. This seat cost enough money that I shouldn't have to deal with this issue.

Britax - We can send you another one.

Me - No thanks. This seems to be a common complaint with this seat.

Britax - We could send you a Marathon.

Me - No thanks. But I'll accept a Boulevard.

Britax - silence...Do you know what cover you want?

Me - Meghan, if you've got it!

Britax - Yeah...we'll get that right out to you.

I could tell he was VERY annoyed that I pushed him until he offered a replacement and even more annoyed that I insisted on the BLVD. But, honestly, I'm not willing to put up with a crappy adjuster on a nearly $300 seat!

MissAllyLou

Ahhhhhh you are my hero !!!! If I have time this week, I am totally going to try it! I am SO sick of having a seat I can't use for half the kids I have in my truck !!! :mad:

jclaire

Ahhhhhh you are my hero !!!! If I have time this week, I am totally going to try it! I am SO sick of having a seat I can't use for half the kids I have in my truck !!! :mad:

I was totally shaking while I was on the phone, but it was worth it!! lol

Also, I was only on hold for about 30 seconds before I got connected to a CS person. I was expecting a loooooooooooooooong wait!

MissAllyLou

I'm sure I'll be shaking too, but, like you pointed out, $300 is A LOT of money to shell out for a car seat that I bought specifically for the purpose of being used RFing !!! It would be nice if I could actually USE my $300 seat for RFing, instead of the $130 EFTA I bought to replace it ... so you're still my hero!

ETA: Is this the number you called for Britax? 1-888-427-4829

jclaire

I'm sure I'll be shaking too, but, like you pointed out, $300 is A LOT of money to shell out for a car seat that I bought specifically for the purpose of being used RFing !!! It would be nice if I could actually USE my $300 seat for RFing, instead of the $130 EFTA I bought to replace it ... so you're still my hero!

ETA: Is this the number you called for Britax? 1-888-427-4829

Yep, that's the number I called!

Calideedle

Awesome! Good job!

I so want that BLVD in Meghan! I was so close to buying it 2 weeks ago but ... I didnt for some reason.

jclaire

I have to say that you ladies inspired me and I would've NEVER pushed for a seat replacement if I hadn't been armed with the knowledge that others had been given new seats.

THANK YOU!!!

emandbri

That is cool! I've pretty much hated my decathlon from day one. I should have learned my lesson after I had already gotten screwed getting one of the first marathons. Was yours an older or recent decathlon? I had heard they had gotten better but maybe not. I can't get a replacement for mine I no longer have a decathlon cover :whistle:

jclaire

That is cool! I've pretty much hated my decathlon from day one. I should have learned my lesson after I had already gotten screwed getting one of the first marathons. Was yours an older or recent decathlon? I had heard they had gotten better but maybe not. I can't get a replacement for mine I no longer have a decathlon cover :whistle:

Our DOM was 10/06 so it was pre-recall and the 'fix kit' did didly squat as far as ease of adjustment goes!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC