Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Chandhini

Alpha Sport Vantage Car Seat 22546

Hi,

Has anyone used the alpha sport vantage car seat 22546BSE that is sold only at Toys r Us? I am planning to buy it for my 1 year old daughter.. how is the recline feature? i havent heard of the brand and so am a little skeptical. how good is this car seat? will it last till she reaches 100 pounds?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Alpha Sport Vantage Car Seat 22546

Is it like this? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2739393
    If so, Alpha Sport is the fancy Cosco brand. Your dd is way too young to forward face (unless she's over 35 pounds and cant rearface in a good convertible seat...kids really need to be rearfacing till at least about age 2 )
    There are lots of appropriate convertible seats that should work for you, and be safest and comfiest for her... maybe tell us her weight, your car, and your budget so we can help you choose the right one.

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I agree, your baby needs to stay rear facing for as long as possible. We can suggest some great seats which will enable you to do that. What are the stats. on your little one, what vehicle do you drive, do you need to fit more than 1 car seat, what is your budget?

Also, FFing only seats tend to be very upright. Even if FFing was safe at that age, she'd probably be uncomfortable.
    Why is RFing safer? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8&feature=user
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

I have that seat for my 4.5 year old and I do not like it. But she is also way older than your DD. I am looking ot take it back and get a Regent or a Radian.

I agree - you need to keep her rearfacing for a while longer. I kept both of my girls rearfacing until about 15 months. They were well over 20 lbs.

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Chandhini...the seat you posted about is definitely not the best choice for a 1 year old. I'd definitely take the advice of previous posters and post your child's height/weight/type of car/budget and you'll get lots of great info! I also wanted to point out that while that ff/booster seat goes to 100lbs that is ONLY for the booster, that seat harnesses to only 40lbs.