The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
To keep the forum from being overwhelmed by multiple threads about the Britax harnessed/booster seat, all further chat on this seat should be confined to this thread. If/when it becomes overwhelmingly long, we'll lock it and start a new one.

I also want to remind everyone that much of what is posted here really is just speculation, and even "official" answers straight from the manufacturer are subject to change. It's fun to speculate about what the seat will be and to opine about the features we think the seat will have. However, until the seat actually hits shelves, we really are just guessing about its features. Rumors--even from trusted sources--can be, and often are, totally wrong.

No one knows for sure when this seat will hit shelves. It's even possible that Britax may scrap it altogether before it ever sees the light of day. No one can say for sure what vehicles it will fit in, how it will fit your child, what it will look like, how padded it will be, how comfortable it will be, how it will or won't adjust, or what kind of unexpected kinks it will still have when it is first released. We don't know how much it will cost or where it will be sold.

Please do NOT call Britax to ask them questions about this seat. Doing so serves only to irritate both you and the Customer Service Reps, because the CSRs don't know anything about it, but 100 million people keep asking them stupid questions about a product that literally doesn't even exist yet, and anything they do tell you is subject to change, which will tick you off when it's not exactly what you were told 6 months before the release.

Here's the link to the previous threads for reference:
Britax combo seat: The Frontier? (consolidated)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 2)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 3)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 4)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Lifesavers Conference- Pics of the Britax frontier

Our model for today is Tyler. 9 years old. 18.75 torso height, 54" tall. As you can see, at 67 lbs, he has outgrown the seat.

FrontierBritax2.jpg

FrontierBritax4.jpg

The straps wrap over his shoulders.

FrontierBritax.jpg

FrontierBritax3.jpg

The seat was just a prototype, so we could not change it into booster mode. they said it had 4 adjustments.

mommy2env

Re: Lifesavers Conference- Pics of the Britax frontier

Cool!

So, your son is the first kid we see in the Frontier!

At least thats what I think, I honestly have not been following the Frontier thread. :eek:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

So, you mean the headrest would have 4 more adjustments above where it's at in the pics? Or 3?

Tyler's a sport for modeling for us - tell him we said thanks! :thumbsup:

scatterbunny

Hehe, we really let the carseat reps have it today. :eek: Evenflo, Britax, Sunshine Kids, Combi, we complained to them all, I think. :p

The Frontier is a nice seat, for what it is (not nice enough, IMHO, to make me want to buy it over a Nautilus, though, not unless booster mode is fantastically tall). But it's just frustrating when our kids outgrow all these seats by height LOOONNG before weight, and our kids are height-weight proportionate. We all really want/need seats with taller top slots, not just a higher weight limit. It seems silly to make the Frontier with an 80 pound limit like the Regent, but lower the top slots. :rolleyes:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

They said there were four booster heights. The height it is in currently, is the highest harness height. They said that since it was a prototype, they would have to take screws out. I said, "I have a screw driver". they said no. :( Tyler is a borrowed kid, not mine.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

So tell me what I'm dying to know. ;) What's the harness adjuster like? Ratcheting like the MA, or more smooth?

Mommy2Marcus

While it looks better in the RL pictures than it does on the site, I am still not that impressed that I would want to spend that much for it when I can purchase a Nautilus for about 1/2 of what it will costs. I also agree that it was quite silly to leave it with an 80lb weight limit, but to lower the top slots. I am unimpressed. I like the design of the Nautilus better, now only if they had better cover choices!

katiesmommy

Exactly Jenny! It doesn't make sense to me that a company that claims to be such huge advocates for extended harnessing is going to force kids into boosters sooner by discontinuing the Regent in favor of the Frontier.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Exactly Jenny! It doesn't make sense to me that a company that claims to be such huge advocates for extended harnessing is going to force kids into boosters sooner by discontinuing the Regent in favor of the Frontier.

The most recent comment I saw about the regent was from a tech on this board who had talked to Sarah Tilton (Britax rep,) and she had been told the Regent is NOT being discontinued. It appears this is a rumor started from BRU who has discontinued carrying it. ;)

Of course that could've changed in the few weeks since I read that post, but right now so far as I know the regent being discontinued is nothing more than a rumor. :thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

They state they are not discontinuing the Regent. The adjuster seems smooth to me.

katiesmommy

Okay, my fingers are crossed that they don't then. I haven't been keeping up with the frontier spoiler threads.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

He filled the hip area. I think it was about 10". Jenny, correct me if I am wrong. He was comfy, but did not have grow room. In a regent, he still has a little room to grow, in the harness.

katiesmommy

Lol, probably not a good choice for my bubble butt brother then!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

How old is your brother? Tyler has definitally outgrown the harness. Not worth the price to buy it for the booster mode. If the regent was no longer available, and the booster was really high, I would think about it for Bekah, the 3.5 yr old.

mommyto4

Sarah is my daughter. My son (her brother) is almost 8. We were thinking if it were a great booster for him, we would consider getting it for him to use now, then K (my granddaughter, Sarah's daughter) could use it later. Does it really have a 9 year life span.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Ah! I forgot to ask about the expiry. I will try to remember to ask tommorrow. All vendor will be gone as of tommorrow evening, so only one more day for questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC