Lifesavers conference- Pics of the Merritt Roosevelt

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Roosevelt is a special needs seat, that looks like the Regent on steroids. It goes to 115 lbs and has harness height of 22". The regular price is high, but buying is as an individual is about $550. Tyler was our model. He is about to outgrow the Regent, by height. His torso height is 18.75", weight about 67 lbs. He is 54" tall.

MerrittRoosevelt.jpg

MerrittRoosevelt2.jpg

There are two crotch adjustments. He is still in the first.

MerrittRoosevelt3.jpg

MerrittRoosevelt4.jpg

width

MerrittRoosevelt5.jpg

MerrittRoosevelt9.jpg

MerrittRoosevelt8.jpg

MerrittRoosevelt7.jpg

Tyler will be getting this seat in a couple weeks. He has a lot of grow room and the seat has quite a bit of padding. It can be used with long belt path. Also, over 65 lbs, it can be used without the recline bar.

Last edited:
ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The harness is threaded differently through the buckle tongues on that than on any other seat that I can think of off the top of my head.

scatterbunny

I :love: this seat, too. Just wish it wasn't marketed as special needs (meaning, higher-priced :rolleyes: ). I understand why it is, I just wish it were more affordable for those who want/need the super-high top slots.

TerisBoys

My question though - are those top slots really useable at the max height?

I'm mentally moving Tyler's head/neck/shoulders up, I think his ears would be above the back of the seat - or VERY close.

Shaunam

Oooh, nice! I didn't realize they were so much cheaper than what the website says. I'll have to go change my blog post. That's definitely a SN seat that's within reach for many people. Even us, and DH works at wal-mart....we could afford that if we *really* needed to. I'm sure DS will be ready for a booster by the time he outgrows his regent though. Charlie is another story. But who know what cool things will be on the market by the time she needs one.

I'm mentally moving Tyler's head/neck/shoulders up, I think his ears would be above the back of the seat - or VERY close.

I don't know, if he stays proportioned the same, her tape measure shows 3 1/2" between his shoulders and the top slot, and it looks to me like he's got at least that much between his ears and the top.

mommyto4

OOOHHH!!! I want that seat, but I just can't justify the price when DS already weighs over 90 lbs. I sure do wish I could though. My have to talk to Sarah about this one. What is the life expectancy???

OH Sarah, what do you think?

Leila

Also, over 65 lbs, it can be used without the recline bar.

Judi, is that new? When we bought D's Roosevelt, Shane was very firm that the tilt bar had to be used no matter the child's weight. He said that they hadn't tested the seat without the bar, therefore it must be used.

I'm glad you posted the consumer price too. Since Shane offered me a deal on the seat because my insurance wouldn't cover it, I've been keeping mum on what I paid. It was definitely closer to the $550 that you posted though!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, about head height. From the top harness slot to the top of the seat mearsures 7 3/4", so I think that will be fine. DH measured from should to head (bump) 7".

Leila

I e-mailed Shayne about the tilt bar. The change to no tilt bar became effective last month and it is retroactive. :D

LCMOM

Senior Community Member
I got to see the install video for the Roosevelt today at Lifesavers; it looks very similar to(and I think potentially easier than) the Regent, and there was no bar... Tyler has plenty of room even in the top slot, I think, if he stays in proportion as he is now.... I am SOOOO excited about getting him into one of his own in a few weeks!! (Yes, Judi will probably have more pics showing the install!)

Leila

I got to see the install video for the Roosevelt today at Lifesavers; it looks very similar to(and I think potentially easier than) the Regent, and there was no bar... Tyler has plenty of room even in the top slot, I think, if he stays in proportion as he is now.... I am SOOOO excited about getting him into one of his own in a few weeks!! (Yes, Judi will probably have more pics showing the install!)

I truly have no idea how easy/hard a Regent is to install, but I can tell you that we had absolutely no issues installing the Roosevelt in our car. It was very simple, and the install is rock solid. We're driving 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC