Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member USmominOz's Avatar

Help w/ jogging stroller..

My sil is preg and wants a jogging stroller for walking, but she would like to be able to add a toddler seat for when they have #2. What do you have in the US? She said that the Valco is too expensive for them. She was at a store and saw one that was lime green or yelloe (she hates the color) that they liked but she can't remember the brand. Does anyone know? I would like to look into getting them one for a present. They live in KY and have a lot of hills.
    Karleen
    Kinsey - 5/3/00 - Compass B510 Daisy/Graco HBB, Bryan - 9/9/03 - Britax Regent/Graco Nautilus

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help w/ jogging stroller..

Hi,

Baby jogger makes a nice jogger that has great features and has an available toddler seat. The elite line accepts the toddler seat and comes in red, black, and brown/tan and runs $399. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-El...=2R3CME28XPM93
    http://babyjogger.com/cityelitemain.htm

This is the only other jogger with a toddler seat that I can think of that isn't much more expensive.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by louisandheather View Post
    Hi,

Baby jogger makes a nice jogger that has great features and has an available toddler seat. The elite line accepts the toddler seat and comes in red, black, and brown/tan and runs $399. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-El...=2R3CME28XPM93
    http://babyjogger.com/cityelitemain.htm

This is the only other jogger with a toddler seat that I can think of that isn't much more expensive.

Heather
    Thanks, but I can't find any info on a toddler seat?
    Karleen
    Kinsey - 5/3/00 - Compass B510 Daisy/Graco HBB, Bryan - 9/9/03 - Britax Regent/Graco Nautilus

You can see the toddler jump seat here if you scroll down and click on accessories: http://www.joggingstroller.com/Baby-...ite-Single.pro It doesn't give much info on it though and it's backordered. You can also see a better picture of it here: http://www.strollers.com/Baby-Jogger-J7J50-IJ1242.html

The only other stroller I could think of is the Phil and Teds with the doubles kit.

JoggingStroller.com has a wizard you can use to help in your selection. I used it to help narrow down my choices when I was shopping for a stroller. I just went through it choosing single stroller, swivel wheel, any size wheels, convert single to double, and it came up with these choices. Not sure why the Baby Jogger didn't come up, unless it's because the jump seat is backordered.
    Last edited by jka1217; 04-14-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added a link
    Jenny
    CPST (Nov 2008) and Car-Seat.Org Benefactor
    Katie: 3 years, 40 lbs, 40", FF in a Nautilus and Radian (RF to 2 years)
    Sophie: 10 months, 19 lbs 14 oz, RF in an Uptown

Honestly, I'd tell her to get a stroller that meets her needs now and take fabulous care of it. Sell it when #2 comes along and choose something that will best meet her needs then. Hard to say how far apart the siblings will be and how much they will weigh, KWIM?
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

I really like the baby jogger elite as a single stroller and the available accessories just make it better. The fold really seals the deal for us as I don't like the strollers that collapse into the ground. YUK! The toddler seat should be available through babyjogger.com or call the customer service and ask. It will be quite a while before she will need the toddler seat so I am sure they will be able to purchase one.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by keri1292 View Post
    Honestly, I'd tell her to get a stroller that meets her needs now and take fabulous care of it. Sell it when #2 comes along and choose something that will best meet her needs then. Hard to say how far apart the siblings will be and how much they will weigh, KWIM?
    I really like the baby jogger, they just started selling it here in Au. They live in the stick in KY and they would not get much for re-sale value. I would love to be able to find them one 2nd hand.

I offered to bring them my Valco when I came home but they would like one sooner.

It is interesting that most of our joggers here you can add a toddler seat, where in the US you only have about 3 choices.
    Karleen