Help w/ jogging stroller..

USmominOz

My sil is preg and wants a jogging stroller for walking, but she would like to be able to add a toddler seat for when they have #2. What do you have in the US? She said that the Valco is too expensive for them. She was at a store and saw one that was lime green or yelloe (she hates the color) that they liked but she can't remember the brand. Does anyone know? I would like to look into getting them one for a present. They live in KY and have a lot of hills.

ADS

USmominOz

Hi,

Baby jogger makes a nice jogger that has great features and has an available toddler seat. The elite line accepts the toddler seat and comes in red, black, and brown/tan and runs $399. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-E...TF8&coliid=I39NKHMB59MTJI&colid=2R3CME28XPM93
http://babyjogger.com/cityelitemain.htm

This is the only other jogger with a toddler seat that I can think of that isn't much more expensive.

Heather

Thanks, but I can't find any info on a toddler seat?

jka1217

You can see the toddler jump seat here if you scroll down and click on accessories: http://www.joggingstroller.com/Baby-Jogger-City-Elite-Single.pro It doesn't give much info on it though and it's backordered. You can also see a better picture of it here: http://www.strollers.com/Baby-Jogger-J7J50-IJ1242.html

The only other stroller I could think of is the Phil and Teds with the doubles kit.

JoggingStroller.com has a wizard you can use to help in your selection. I used it to help narrow down my choices when I was shopping for a stroller. I just went through it choosing single stroller, swivel wheel, any size wheels, convert single to double, and it came up with these choices. Not sure why the Baby Jogger didn't come up, unless it's because the jump seat is backordered.

Last edited:

keri1292

Honestly, I'd tell her to get a stroller that meets her needs now and take fabulous care of it. Sell it when #2 comes along and choose something that will best meet her needs then. Hard to say how far apart the siblings will be and how much they will weigh, KWIM?

louisandheather

I really like the baby jogger elite as a single stroller and the available accessories just make it better. The fold really seals the deal for us as I don't like the strollers that collapse into the ground. YUK! The toddler seat should be available through babyjogger.com or call the customer service and ask. It will be quite a while before she will need the toddler seat so I am sure they will be able to purchase one.

Heather

USmominOz

Honestly, I'd tell her to get a stroller that meets her needs now and take fabulous care of it. Sell it when #2 comes along and choose something that will best meet her needs then. Hard to say how far apart the siblings will be and how much they will weigh, KWIM?

I really like the baby jogger, they just started selling it here in Au. They live in the stick in KY and they would not get much for re-sale value. I would love to be able to find them one 2nd hand.

I offered to bring them my Valco when I came home but they would like one sooner.

It is interesting that most of our joggers here you can add a toddler seat, where in the US you only have about 3 choices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC