Are these Allowed??

Mommy2Marcus

I seen these on Wal-Mart's website & thought they looked like they would be great, but I was wondering if they would be allowed? I do not see how they could interfere with the seats performance as they simply hold the harness out of the way when you're putting them in. Anyone use them? If so do you like them? If they are not allowed then how are they any different then the little toy baskets that were being talked about that cliped to the side of the seat? Anyone know? I would love to have a few sets!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9106746

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I don't know if they are 'allowed' or not and I didn't read through the description, but I just wanted to add that if they are velcrow then they will stick to all of your DC's clothing. PIA. :p

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I can't really tell how they work but personally, I wouldn't use them. Aftermarket products and all ... :twocents:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
From the pictures it looks like the harness slides into a little metal clip. My concern would be if that clip was in a position that the head could potentially impact it. I also wonder how they attach to the seat itself.

I couldn't recommend it without seeing it, but it's possible it could be ok depending on how it attached and where the metal sat etc. I'm not convinced it's something that is worth paying $12 for though, I just loosen ds's harness enough so that it drapes over the sides of his EFTA. Dd's MA has little velcro pieces that the harness can be put to on the side.

So all in all, potentially safety issue and really not necessary, so I wouldn't recommend it. Although in the grand scheme of things there are a lot worse aftermarket products.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC