anyone have issues w/ the crotch area of Blvd?

aisraeltax

sorry i dont know the technical terms. Ds (27 months/ 25 lbs. (hes lost weight recently) has a Blvd. RF'ing. This is our 2nd blvd. and i never had a problem w/ the first one but for some reason, the crotch area on this seems really tight.

i dont know what im doing wrong. i loosen the straps before putting him it in but need to tighten them after getting him set. its soo hard to click the shoulder belt things into the crotch strap.

so far i have just dealt with it but its becoming annoying to me (weve had this seat for a little over a month) and i thought someone here may have some advice.

ADS

aisraeltax

no..its only a month old and no juice in teh car. :)

its not hard to snap in..its just really really tight. it seems like my other blvd. was a lot longer (the strap coming up from between teh legs)

Mommypooh

Are you using the vehicle seat belt to secure the seat? If so make sure the belt is on the side closest to the child's butt of the crotch strap. I found that if I had it on the side closest the the vehicle seat back it made it too short and hard to use. Maybe try that.

aisraeltax

no, we use LATCH.

i saw another thread earlier today that may describe my problem. it seems the crotch strap is really short and thus pulls there.

We cloth diaper so Im wondering if that is one of the issues but i never had a problem with the MA or the older DOM Blvd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC