I saw the new Primo viaggio

U

Unregistered

Okay I saw the new peg infant seat today and it looks nice (outside of the fact it is $229!!) It actually seems a little bigger than the old one but I don't know that it is. Anyway, I read the instruction manuel and it said you had to put the handle down when in the car - then the lady at the store proceeds to tell me you have to put it down on all the seats (including the Chicco and Snugride - which I know isn't true) and if you can leave it up on one than it's fine on the other.

Here is my problem, I really love the Peg Pilko P3 but the snugride and chicco only fit in the seat they don't snap in and I don't think it comes with an universal strap. Anyway, the primo viaggio doesn't seem worth the money...and I really like the Chicco - what are your guys opinions?

thanks,
mom-to-be

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Where did you see it? Is it out in the stores now? I have been waiting to get my hands on one but thought they were coming out after the begining of next year. I had a 2005 Peg Perego for my son and have the Pliko P3 stroller as well which I love. But I, like you want to get the Chicco KeyFit for the next baby (we are TTC) but don't like that it won't work with the P3 stroller. Maybe once I see the Peg IRL I might like it as well as the KeyFit, but I don't see it being as good as the Chicco because the well...just Chicco seems perfect. Have you looked at the Chicco C1 stroller? It is very similar to the P3 Peg stroller...same handles, same looks...and the KeyFit locks into it. If I end up not liking the Peg and go with the Chicco I am going to buy a C1 and then keep the P3 Peg in my husbands car. But then I worry that I shouldn't buy a new stroller when I really don't need one since I will need to buy a double stroller. Ahhh decisions, decisions!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Here is my problem, I really love the Peg Pilko P3 but the snugride and chicco only fit in the seat they don't snap in and I don't think it comes with an universal strap. Anyway, the primo viaggio doesn't seem worth the money...and I really like the Chicco - what are your guys opinions?>>

Oh the new P3's definitely DO come with a universal strap, so it shouldn't be an issue....unless they've done away with it for 2006?
And yeah, the new PV is bigger...legally all seats had to go to a miniumum of 22 pounds/29 inches this August...before then they were 20 pounds/26 (the PV was, a few others were bigger already).

:)

U

Unregistered

I saw the new Peg seat at a local baby store here in California. I just don't think its worth $229!!!

I put the Chicco in the P3 and it sat in there fairly tight. The lady said that the P3 didn't come with a universal strap but when I looked online and registered for one it said it came with it. I have yet to see the C1, The dimensions are a little larger than the P3 and the P3 fits perfect in my trunk (I can lay it vertical not horizontal or diagonal) so I'm not sure how the C1 would fit - plus I have no idea where to get one....they don't seem to carry them in any of the stores around here - only online and I'm nervous to order it without seeing it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Chicco Iceberg or Explorer - they will match one of the P3 patterns (like hip hop, metalica or black sable) fairly well.

Oh Jools one last thing. I was fairly certain that leaving the handle up on the Snugride and Chicco was safe but at this baby store the lady said all handles should be put down because the baby could hit his head or get seriously hurt or the bar could shatter. If the manufacturer says it's okay it's okay right?

Also - do you think it's bad to base part of you seat buying decisions on whether or not you can leave the handle up? I just am thinking about convienance and other people like Grandparents who may not use it right.

Thanks ,

Steph

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The "leaving the handle up" exception is fairly new, isn't on all seats, and is hard for people to grasp that it's really ok if the manufacturer says it is (old seats had handles that really would shatter and break very easily, but the ones that can be left up are reinforced to not do that...it's just hard for people to learn new rules sometimes, and putting it down is never a bad idea, either..unless you have a Combi, which MUST be left up! lol).

I know how lazy even *I* am, so I'm going to use a seat that the handle can be left up on for my baby due in February ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC