Okay, I need your help!

bekah

I've been reading on here for a couple weeks and researching before that. And I just can't decide on a seat for my daughter who is 6.5 months old. She will probably reach the height limit on her Snug ride by 8-9 months old so I need to decide soon!

I am considering most seat that harness to 65 lbs. We have plenty of room in our van with just two kids and I'm not a huge fan of the Radian with her in it (she wasn't comfy, didn't fit as well as others) so that ones out.

I really like the Marathon but she did not like the Boulevard (which I also liked). It's sort of my default. If I can't fall in love with another seat I'll buy the Marathon. I am not sure how to tell (online) if the seat has the new 35 pound weight limit though.

I went and saw the True Fit and the Recaro Como today in person also and liked both of them. I just don't really know what the major differences are with anything besides Britax. If you own either of these, can you give me some input. Thanks!

ADS

PixieEMT

I love my Marathon. If I could do it over (or need my seat replaced in the future) we're getting a Boulevard. I fell in <3 with the SIP. I thought it was a big scam until I saw the crash clips on the britax website.

Just my two cents.

natysr

I have two Marathons, and love them. I did have a Marathon and another seat. We replaced the 2nd seat with a Boulevard because I had boulevard envy. Once we got it and used it a while, we just did not like it as much as the Marathon. DS was not as comfortable in it. He did not sleep well in it. We were lucky to be in a fender-bender so we were able to replace it with a another Marathon.

bekah

I thought my dd would like the Boulevard because it was closer to her around her head, like an infant seat but she seemed really annoyed by it. She was arching her back and twisting her head side to side. I may try it again, but most likely my options right now are the Marathon, True Fit or the Como or Signo.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I have a MA and a True Fit. I like and don't like different things about each. The True-Fit definitely has more RF leg room. I just wish the harness tension adjuster was as easy to reach as it is on the MA. And I wish I could tether the True Fit RF, although I am (obviously since I own one) OK with it being non-RF tetherable. The sides are nice and deep, which would provide some "cocooning" effect upon rebound. I have a thread in this subforum, "We got our Sporty Blue True Fit" - with pics of them side by side. Good luck choosing - really though, all of the seats you're considering are good seats.

Mommy2Marcus

I have & LOVE my MA! If I had to purchase all over again I would buy it again without a dout. Although there is another seat that you do not have listed as a possibility that I also own & LOVE. It is the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It has a 35lb RF limit & a 50lb FF limit. It has an infinatly adjustable harness, so no rethreading ever & fits most kids till 5-6 when they're ready for a booster seat. I find it very comparible to my MA. My 18 m/o sleeps in both great as well. He also would not like having his head confined & neither of these do. Another thing about the Triumph that I like is that the sides are nice & deep so he sleeps well in it & I feel it offers maybe a little more SIP than the MA. Overall it is a great seat & might be one for you to consider. It runs $130-$180 depending in the cover plushness & the LATCH straps! I just thought that maybe you would like another option. It is also nice b/c it is a GREAT seat for alot less money, so more people can afford it or if you need two it works great to! Here is a link to it!

http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Trium...v&field-browse=3579961&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2

jewlsvern

I just came from BRU where I tried out the Triumph Advance and I love it. I am definitely buying one for my DD who is 13 mos old. I put her in it and she loved it. It is so plush and she just kept feeling the cover. She even fit with the infant inserts still in the seat. I loved the harness adjust. It was so easy to use. I tried out the premiere seat in Hampton Park which has the alligator latch clips. I can easily see her beign able to use the seat until 5-6. Now I want 2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the seat. I thought it was more plush than the Marathon. I like that the price is better too.
Julie
DD 13 mo RF in a SR
Soon to be EFTA
17# and 28 in

bekah

Thanks! The only reason I didn't mention that one is because I already have it! My 2.5 year-old son is riding in it FF now. I know I should have kept him rear-facing a bit longer but once his cousin moved in with us and was FF'ing he whined all day and night about not being FF'ing so I switched him a few months ago.

that said, there are some things I dislike about it, so I'm getting something different this time. I have it in Sandbox, and love the cover but don't like the shortness of the crotch strap (dd is a bit heavier than ds was), the fact that the upper portions of the car seat are just foam, not an actual shell, and my friend's old Triumph broke after 2.5 years (just last month) the straps would no longer tighten, so I'm afraid to have two and have that happen. Anyway, thanks for trying to save me money though! It is a good seat for the price and thankfully they fixed all the issues I had with the old Triumph!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC