How I got my pre-ordered Frontier for 139.00 plus free ship...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL3

Hello I am a first time poster here but wanted to share my saga with ordering my Frontier...Yes, I got the seat for 139.00 in Red Rock with free shipping but it came after a tough fight...

I have been reading about all the hype behind the frontier seat here on your boards...i too was getting really excited about the seat....I happened to log onto Amazon yesterday morning early (EST) and saw the seat for 45.00 dollars....:eek: ...its said that they had three left in all the colors...I quickly ordered one seat in Red Rock plus the shipping came to 79 dollars...said it would ship in 3-4 business days...how could this be if the seat is not even out yet...but i did not question it too much....then i decided to buy a second seat for that price...The counter then said, after i purchased my second seat, one left...(remember there was three total in that color)...great i got confirmation emails stating that my order was placed and will ship in 3-4 business days.....holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kind of new it was too good to be true and yes i got an email stating that the supplier was out of stock on the item and no longer available....I logged back onto the Amazon site and saw them for sale at the price for 279.00....furious my DH called up Amazon and talked to the head costomer service rep for TWO WHOLE HOURS stating his case: how its fraudulant to advertise a price, send confirmation email, then send a cancelled email saying they are no longer in stock and then raising the price.....What kind of company does that????? My DH has a wonderful way with words and like i said after two hours of talking the manager gave me the seat for half off plus free shipping...i will get it in 3-6 weeeks...mind you i ordered two but i only got one at 139.00....I will take that deal happily....i will no longer order from amazon and refuse to do business who fraudulantly advertises prices, quanity in stock and then hikes up the price, etc....i guess the manager said that the supplier that was adverstising this seat for that price is in big trouble with Amazon...i guess hundreds of seats were ordered that morning at that price..i wonder how many fought their cases for two hrs, etc....the fact that we got a confirmation email is proof that the tranaction took place under that original price and then we had proof of the cancelled order wich painted a not soo pretty picture to the Amazon "people"....
so that is how i got my seat for 139.00....I cant wait to get it.....

ADS

mamaofthree

Wow. I have never personally had a problem with Amazon, but I know others who have. It's not uncommon at all for their prices to fluctuate wildly and it is always when they go crazy low that they send emails cancelling orders. Were the original orders directly from Amazon or another merchant on their site? I've only ever ordered directly from Amazon. Glad you still got a great bargain, even if it was only for 1 seat. That's totally worth 2 hours on the phone IMO.

Kimberly

RL3

The original "bad" deal was from a mechant that was with amazon for 11 years...they have a so so rating with Amazon but my second order for 139 is directly from Amazon...I was able to utilize the free shipping option with with...the second option was with Right Start (I am pretty sure) but they did not have free ship but they did offer a teddy bear with purchase...i opted for the free ship,...:D

cookem

I think you are being a little hard on amazon. fully knowing it had to be a price mistake since it is a $300 seat. with gross price mistakes like this sometimes you get the deal and sometimes you don't but to go crazy on a phone rep is a little over the top.

RL3

It never hurts to try:

misleading people is WRONG...companies like that have no business being "wishy-washy" with their advertising and prices....no games should be played when people are seriously buying products and investing their time in reseaching products to buy....:thumbsdown:

indigoblossom

It never hurts to try:

misleading people is WRONG...companies like that have no business being "wishy-washy" with their advertising and prices....no games should be played when people are seriously buying products and investing their time in reseaching products to buy....:thumbsdown:

um, can you see the possibility that it was a mistake not an intentional misleading lie? furthermore, you stated yourself that the company advertising the lower price was part of amazon marketplace and not actually amazon so if you're to take beef with anyone, it should be right start and NOT amazon who went above and beyond, IMO, and gave you a killer deal just to keep you happy EVEN THOUGH you did not order the two original seats directly from THEM!

sorry if i sound rude, but you're getting an awesome deal, received great CS and then expect us to agree with you that boycotting amazon is right. i haven't had my morning coffee yet so i may sound harsh, but sheesh!

Last edited:

Connor's Mom

And it is because situations like this where people take advantage of a situation that they KNOW is incorrect that the rest of us have to pay higher prices for things. They where not MISLEADING you! It was an error and you knew how much the seat was really supposed to cost. IMO you took advantage of them. Shame on you! :thumbsdown:

RL3

There is no doubt i got an AWESOME DEAL....

Get some things cleared up:

I did not order from Right Start....I ordered originally from West Coast Wholesalers....and yes i have a problem with Amazon because they seem to be ok working with a company that is posting fraudulant information and not sticking to their price they are quoting people...If you are representing a company than yes, you are in turn solely responsible if that company does not follow through with their gaurantee...We tried to call west coast wholesalers and all you get after 50 gallizion rings is them disconnecting you....we have read many blogs about people complaining about the same thing from this particular company...so who does that leave the consumer to turn too...Amazon of course because they have a A-Z guarantee to satisfy their customers.....Trust me we have no problem buying that seat for original cost..infact we have no problem buying the seat ten times over for that price....its not about getting a good deal its about a company like Amazon living up to their information that they place on their website and following through with customer satisfaction and prices that are stated and full filling orders that are placed......My DH owns a very succesful company that imports things, etc and we bend over backwards to make sure the customer gets what they think they are getting: i.e...price and quality of product.....A customer is always right approach to doing business equals a succesful business and my DH and I are VERY proud with the stance we took...Even the head customer service rep said "he does see the problem that we are stating and feels that we have a very valid case" thus he gave us the discount he did....I am sure they will be compensated by the company that made the misleading price....Again, its not about getting a killer deal its about valuing your customers and exposing legite prices that you will honor after your customers purchases an item and you send them a receipt, etc......

RL3

excuse me:: It was not an ERROR...this particular company has a reputation of doing this.....trust me we researched them...they mark down their prices so they get traffic and name recognition and then they jack up the price after oh, so long......even the Amazon Rep told us they are having a problem with them.....I am right....and very proud of it...:p

RL3

and no its peole like me who are trying to put up a fight so customer service is better for everyone and everyone gets a fair transaction...

its not cool to be jealous.....:thumbsdown:

RL3

because they are unreacheable...see my previous post....they have a dead end number....:mad:trust me we tried...even the cust. service rep said its very hard to reach them....they even have a hard time....

why i am repeating everything.....its like beating my head against the wall over and over.....:

ZephyrBlue

why i am repeating everything.....

I'm wondering that, too. It's not like you are a long-standing member here, people don't "know" you- why do you think anyone here cares what you do/did? Kinda strange for your first few posts, IMO :shrug-shoulders:

RL3

It does not matter how many post i have made or me trying to make myself known (trust me I dont feel the warm, welcoming vibes here)...I am simply a consumer who it telling her tale of a product she bought...freedom of speech is a wonderful thing....i would think communities like this would love to hear about all the good, bad and ugly associated with products that us moms buy.....just because i have like 5 post under my name does not mean i have to be "silent sam" when it comes time to making my point....wierd:
i was just sharing my story about purchasing a carseat you all seem to be excited about...geeeeeeessssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Connor's Mom

and no its peole like me who are trying to put up a fight so customer service is better for everyone and everyone gets a fair transaction...

its not cool to be jealous.....:thumbsdown:

MMMM, not jealous, I already own 3 Britax seats. :thumbsup:

And agian IMO opinion, what you did was not try and fight for customer service so everyone could get a fair transaction. I will say it again what I think that you did was take advantage of a situation.
If you know anything about this site you would have figured out by reading that most of us would not be on board with or congradulate you for your "steal" of a car seat. :rolleyes:

RL3

bravo....on the three...i have four once my Frontier comes:: two marathons, one parkway and my soon to come Frontier....also an evenflow triumph and a graco safe seat and a peg prego infant seat...

you all are completely closed minded and dont seem to truely understand the point i am making...:confused::confused:..i feel sorry for you.....in my mind anyone with this many post about carseats has to be pretty increadibly boring....there is only so much you can talk about....there is more to life than this kind of talk.....buy the best seat (in my mind it britax for toddlers) and move on...how about utilizing your car seats and get off the computers and take some time with your famailies like a nice drive.....tata......happy talking about seatbelts, five point harnesses and waiting around for the lastest products to come on the market...some reading here and there (like what i have done) is fine but 1000+++ post come on..

i am outa here (I am sure you all are relieved)..............:D:D:D i am too

BookMama

Senior Community Member
you all are completely closed minded and dont seem to truely understand the point i am making...:confused::confused:..i feel sorry for you.....in my mind anyone with this many post about carseats has to be pretty increadibly boring....there is only so much you can talk about....there is more to life than this kind of talk.....buy the best seat (in my mind it britax for toddlers) and move on...how about utilizing your car seats and get off the computers and take some time with your famailies like a nice drive.....tata......happy talking about seatbelts, five point harnesses and waiting around for the lastest products to come on the market...some reading here and there (like what i have done) is fine but 1000+++ post come on.

:ROTFLMAO:

Now THAT may just be the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Obviously you didn't take much time to peruse this board before posting, or you'd understand more about what we're doing and why we're doing it.

Connor's Mom

bravo....on the three...i have four once my Frontier comes:: two marathons, one parkway and my soon to come Frontier....also an evenflow triumph and a graco safe seat and a peg prego infant seat...

you all are completely closed minded and dont seem to truely understand the point i am making...:confused::confused:..i feel sorry for you.....in my mind anyone with this many post about carseats has to be pretty increadibly boring....there is only so much you can talk about....there is more to life than this kind of talk.....buy the best seat (in my mind it britax for toddlers) and move on...how about utilizing your car seats and get off the computers and take some time with your famailies like a nice drive.....tata......happy talking about seatbelts, five point harnesses and waiting around for the lastest products to come on the market...some reading here and there (like what i have done) is fine but 1000+++ post come on..

i am outa here (I am sure you all are relieved)..............:D:D:D i am too

Yah I was not trying to brag just making my point that I was not jealous. :eyerolls:

I think that we all understood "your point" quite well.
Laters!

aisraeltax

wow! i guess i should stop posting on this board or ppl are going to think im a really boring person....i should just get in my car and drive...to nowhere...for no reason....yeh...fuel prices arent going to stop me!!!

i admit i was kind of jealous!!! but my time is not worth talking to amazon for 2 hours to get a discount! well, since im a boring sahm now..its not really my time...but its my blood pressure! lol!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was a bit jealous when I read the title, but once I read how that happened, I was no longer jealous.

I was thinking it would be really cool if it had been acquired via a "promotion" or other such means, but I don't think the way it was acquired was cool at all.

I don't want to push my ethics on anyone else, but I don't think I could feel good about getting a deal like that in such a way. Again, that is just me and my :twocents:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC