Lucy

U

Unregistered

Hiya

So when are they going to make a car seat for us adults.. we dont deverve extra protection if we want it.?

We need cup holders and head rest when we fall asleep (when not driving) i want the 5 point harness i know it will secure me better in an accident and wont make the huge bruising and other problems with just a normal seat belt..

One day :)

Lucy

ADS
U

Unregistered

It is possible to fit a 5 pnt harness in a car (if you have a full roll cage to attach it too.) but it is not as important for adult to have in normal conditions. The 5 pnt harness also makes driving more difficult as you can not move as easily.

With all the problems there are with people getting harnesses wrong on thier kids can you imagine all the issues we'd have with adults doing themselves? We have them in our street/strip car and believe me its a nightmare with passengers (esp. females)

Actually a 5 pnt harness causes bruising too. Sometimes worse. My brother got in a pretty bad accident with a 5 pnt harness and his neck was cut to pieces from the harness. Ejection is also a bigger problem as they have to fit a full size male and a small female which means the width is different person to person.

Dont most cars have cup holders? Mine daily driver doesnt but all the other cars we own do. (10 of them!!!)

How often do you sleep in the car? I dont ever sleep in the car so i dont know how necessary it would be.

I'll stick with my 3 pnt in my daily driver and 5 pnt for my race car when i'm doing 100+ mph. :)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
It is possible to fit a 5 pnt harness in a car (if you have a full roll cage to attach it too.) but it is not as important for adult to have in normal conditions. The 5 pnt harness also makes driving more difficult as you can not move as easily.

With all the problems there are with people getting harnesses wrong on thier kids can you imagine all the issues we'd have with adults doing themselves? We have them in our street/strip car and believe me its a nightmare with passengers (esp. females)

Actually a 5 pnt harness causes bruising too. Sometimes worse. My brother got in a pretty bad accident with a 5 pnt harness and his neck was cut to pieces from the harness. Ejection is also a bigger problem as they have to fit a full size male and a small female which means the width is different person to person.

Dont most cars have cup holders? Mine daily driver doesnt but all the other cars we own do. (10 of them!!!)

How often do you sleep in the car? I dont ever sleep in the car so i dont know how necessary it would be.

I'll stick with my 3 pnt in my daily driver and 5 pnt for my race car when i'm doing 100+ mph. :)

sorry thats me posting above! forgot to log in!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC