How many Snugride/SafeSeat harness slots?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
At lunch today a woman walked past our table carrying a Snugride or Safeseat with her baby in it. I got a very good look - of the back of the carseat. There were NO STRAPS! So, after I managed to cough out the food I'd inhaled, I tried to convince myself that there really were straps, but they were lower and I couldn't see them due to the angle.

So, the Snugride/Safeseat has how many sets of harness slots?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Snugride - 2 sets
SS1 - 3 sets
:thumbsup:

And ay carumba at no straps. Hopefully they were just using it as a carrier and not a carseat... still should've had baby strapped in, but it would make it a little better if that was the case.

Defrost

Ugh - we are going to call it a SafeSeat then! Because I honestly cannot tell the two of them apart, and I definitely got a good look at TWO sets of slots. The baby was really tiny/young, so it's quite likely she was using the lowest set of slots on a 3-slot seat, with the lowest set being out of sight.

Dh suggested they were just using it as a carrier, too, but I didn't see them get in the car. It's been bugging me all day! Thanks for letting me think that I just didn't get a good enough look. :thumbsup:

Defrost

Bad tech! You didn't run up screaming "you are going to kill your baby!!"

I know, I'm terrible. :( I even forgot about yelling "You horrible mother!" and "You must hate your baby and want her to DIE!!!"

(It could have made for a really great story for her to tell later, though, after she pointed out that the harness straps were just out of my line of vision. :D
"And then I pulled away the blanket and showed the crazy lady the harness, and she MELTED INTO THE FLOOR!")

Ah well - I'll try to keep my notes straight for next time. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC