Im so confused

sasicas

We just got a new vehicle. We have a Saturn Outlook, our car seats fit ok but they are so bulky I think we need a change. I have 3 kids, two are in Triumphs and 1 in the Apex....man is that Apex huge. The majority of the time I have 3 additional kids in my car, 2 in boosters and one in an infant seat so we are seriously cramed in there.
So Ive been looking to get my 4 year old out of the Apex, hes small still just at 31 lbs. Ive been looking at the Frontier, the Radian80 and the Ridesafter Travel Vest once he hits 35 lbs. Now we have side curtain airbags as well. My concern with the travel vest is if we get hit in the side, I worry he would be crushed in the middle of two large carseats, but I also like that his vest would be attached to the seatbelt. So then there is the Radian which looks like it would fit in real nicely with the size being so small but I also like the frontier. My biggest problem is not finding any of them anywhere around here to test them out with him. So I come to you all for help. Please someone help me, Im so lost and I just want to make sure my kids are safe.
Thanks...Oh and FWIW, the girls will probably get the same seat next year some time, I just need to save up to buy all these seats lol.

ADS

aisraeltax

i am curious as to answers to your question so im going to lurk on this thread.

i never saw a vest like that before...i wouldnt use that on a child at 35 lbs.

the Frontier isnt released yet, which is why you cant find one. :( We are all *patiently* waiting I think. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Ridesafer is really safe, I'd use it on a kid who fit the requirements, but it's really a pain to use every day (better for travel...we love it, it gets fantastic crash test ratings :thumbsup:...but it's a pain... :thumbsdown:).

Target.com sells the Radian...if no one can give you a definitive 'yes' on it in that car, you could order from there to try it and then return it to a local Target store (no return shipping costs) if it totally doesn't work.

sasicas

The Ridesafer is really safe, I'd use it on a kid who fit the requirements, but it's really a pain to use every day (better for travel...we love it, it gets fantastic crash test ratings :thumbsup:...but it's a pain... :thumbsdown:).

Target.com sells the Radian...if no one can give you a definitive 'yes' on it in that car, you could order from there to try it and then return it to a local Target store (no return shipping costs) if it totally doesn't work.

Thats a good idea, thanks!...I just wish it was in store so I could check it out today..sigh

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC