Regent for $30 !! ??

MommyofBoogieBear

for real. I have found a new Regent for $30. but I need your help and advice.

I live in Central America...and I found it at a store that sells used clothes and stuff. I know never to use a used seat. But this still has all the tags. The manual and the card to send in for registration. the straps look new etc... but anything that seems too good to be true generally is. so i took off the cover and looked at the padding etc...all good. I looked at the back. there is where i have my doubts. it has a black line at the bottom. i don't know if that is normal or not (this is the FIRST time i have ever seen one in person). the bottom on the back looks like it might have been a little beat up maybe during shipping ??? don't know.

so i have a favor to ask. could someone who has a Regent (maybe not installed to not cause more trouble) take an up close picture of the bottom black part?????? I want to compare and see if what i see is normal.

now i must admit i freaked out a bit when i saw it!!! i have never seen one, only on the internet....and it is in the Sahara which is what i would have chosen. This carseat will never sell down here....because carseats are not a law nor the norm here. :( :mad: the seat was just randomly put in with tons of other things .....random it was.

but i need your help.........to see if it is ok. I couldn't take a picture, b/c we didn't have the camera with us....and it would have seemed a bit weird....and it's in a hard to get to place here in the city. otherwise I wish i could show you what i saw.

but if i could have a Regent for $30........oh that would be great! especially with baby on the way.....and we could use our Radian for her....and move Boogie up to a Regent.

thanks!

ADS

Mama!

Ok, that's not a bad thing. Its the place where the mold was on the seat.

I got a pic, but my seat has exactly that same line.

MommyofBoogieBear

you have GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! i thought for SURE it had been cracked or something...they had fixed it...and it got sent to central america to sell.....

this might be the bargain of a lifetime!!!!!

thank you so much for trying to take a picture!!!!

Mama!

Ok, here's a pic. You can see the line reflecting sortof. Its very hard to see it.

P4110005.jpg

P4110003.jpg

MommyofBoogieBear

oh you are amazing! thank you SO MUCH!!! that's the line i saw!!!! so it's supposed to be there. :)

however, I did not see a recline bar. ??????

If i didn't have my kids with me...i would have plopped down right there in the store and read the manual to see if all the parts were there....but not with two toddlers! :) hmmm...what do you think about the recline bar?

firemomof3

The Regent has to have the recline bar when installed. I called Britax and asked because when I had mine it just wouldn't install well at all with the bar, but they said you must use it :( Good luck, I hope that works out for you, thats an amazing deal!! :thumbsup:

Mama!

Depends on the date. If its manufactured before mid June 07, it doesntt have to have it.

The ones Manufactured after June 16 ? 2007 all came with recline bars.

However, in your circumstance and where you live, I'd be totally cool with buying it and using it without the recline bar.

Also, Britax leaves it up to the parents afaik to make a decision to use post advisory seats without the bar if they cannot get an acceptable install.

Considering you don't even have to use a seat and most people dont there, I'd not worry to much.

MommyofBoogieBear

oh no :( when something seems too good to be true.....

but thanks to that picture I now know there is supposed to be a recline bar. I will have to go back again, but I really don't think it was there. I would have noticed the sticker saying that it is needed to be attached. Hmm....when you get them in the box (new) does the recline bar come unattached...and you have to put it in?? would i be able to order a recline bar from Britax??

so many unknowns on this.....

thank you so much for your help!

Mama!

Yes, the recline bar is loose in the box when you get it. BUT if it was DOM before 6/17 it wont have one.

MommyofBoogieBear

DOM!! I COMPLETELY forgot to look for that. i really was like a deer caught in headlights to find this at this store. it was like I found a diamond....everyone else could see it too.....but nobody knew it was a diamond and all they saw was a black rock! :)

now, nice to know about the date. my concern is would it be ok in a crash. would i be able to get an acceptable, good, solid install without it. (again, yes, now i see it would depend on the date )

i will head out to this store tomorrow if this all looks like it will work out! and i will post pics! (don't know how to do that yet...but this is worth finding out how! :) )

any other advice is still wanted!!!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They've all come with recline bars...but you know there's at least a dozen of us willing to help you get one, right? We're a pretty helpful bunch, you know :thumbsup::love:

MommyofBoogieBear

thanks Jools!!!! oh i can't believe that this is looking like this might be a real possibility!

and only you guys would understand my in "awe" experience! i literally looked around...as if someone was going to realize too what was sitting right there!!! no one did of course..... but i ran to get my husband (whispering! reminding him that this was the original seat i had wanted (but got the radian, and i am very happy with it) and reminded him of what they normally cost......

the reason we didn't get a regent...pure legistics of getting here!! next to impossible! :)

Mama!

Jools..do pre advisory regents have those holes on the back for the recline bar? Just curious.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, yeah, even Huskies came with recline bars..they were just always optional (no...wait, they were required some of the time, but I can't remember, the rules have always been hard to follow!)before the advisory came out :thumbsup:

MommyofBoogieBear

Actually, Mama....I was wondering the same thing? we WILL go back tomorrow...thanks again for the pictures...and I can compare from there. I will look at the DOM and for holes......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC