Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Need an affordable double stroller...

...that can hold my 33 lb 3 year old, my 20 lb 6 months old, plus all her equipment.

I've never bought a stroller before. I don't have any idea what is good and what isn't.

So basically, I can't afford one of those really pricey ones. I'm thinking *maybe* $250. At least one seat needs to recline since DD doesn't have good enough tone to sit completely upright. I need storage for her equipment. Her 10 lb suction machine is the biggest challenge. All of the strollers I've seen don't have a big enough storage space underneath. The bag/machine is about a cube, 10"x10"x10". And of course, the stroller has to be sturdy enough to hold that, her feeding bag (maybe 2 lbs) and the diaper bag (about 5 lbs).

If there are any strollers where one of the seats is facing me, that would be *wonderful*! DD still chokes a lot and I'd like to be able to see her, rather than having to stop to look every 2 minutes.

I know that's a lot, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it!
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Need an affordable double stroller...

Hi,

There aren't many doubles that fit the criteria and price range but, I think this one may work. http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Conto...945688&sr=1-10.
    Babiesrus also has a floor model if you want to try it. It has a great push, big basket, both seats reverse easily, holds a lot of weight, but has a very large fold. This would be great if you have a van or a large trunk.

Or you could do the single version and a toddler board. This is a good option if your child is independent.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Conto...7947248&sr=1-3
    http://www.amazon.com/KiddyBoard-Max...947404&sr=1-11

You may also be able to find some older style pram doubles that have reversible seats, but they are really big and not very practical.

Good Luck,

Heather