3 across in a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Witchymama2

3 across in a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport?

I have a 4.5 yo that is right now in a Parkway rear passanger side, a 2 yo in a Marathon in the middle, and a newborn in a Peg Perego infant seat on the rear drivers side. They fit alright together. Its a pain to buckle the Parkway in though.

I would like my 4.5 yo to be in a Regent because she is quite tall and heavy. What configurations of carseats would go together? I would hate to not use the Marathon at all, because its got another 3 years left in it. Is it possible for the Regent to fit in there and still get three across?

Last edited:
ADS

Mommypooh

Well I was just in a Jeep Grand Cheerokee today with my 3 carseats and I had to put my Regent up front as my other 2 seats are Boulevards. I could have maybe gotten a Nautilus in with the 2 boulevards. I think I maybe could have gotten a Radian in there with the Regent but don't know for sure. Putting the Regent in the mix is going to be tough unless you go for 2 radians I think. I would say get the Nautilus for your 4.5 yo and then get radian for one of the others. But that is just my thoughts.

Witchymama2

Re: 3 across in a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport?

Okay, big mistake... our new (to us) vehicle is NOT a Grand Cherokee.. but a Jeep Cherokee Sport Edition. I'm sure that gives us even less room.. judging by the pictures.

My 4 yo really needs to be able to have a Regent because she is very tall for her age and I don't want her to run out of room in a Radian. Also, she has broad shoulders and was uncomfortable in her Marathon because of the shoulder room so tight.

I'd like to be able to get a Regent for her, and a Radian for one of the others. Then I could either still use the Marathon for one of them, or buy something cheaper like a Scenera. I cannot afford three high cost carseats. (and anything near or over 100 is high cost to us, we're on a fixed disability income) I simply don't have enough money for three new seats. Though I'd love to have the seats all the same eventually. Or a Regent and two Radian 80's.

There is no place for me to try out a Radian anywhere and I don't know anyone that has one. Babys r us has a Regent, but without the other seats (Radian, Scenera) how can I see which fits??

I'm so confused. :(

PS. I tried edited my title to reflect the vehicle change so its more searchable for others.. but it doesn't seem to be letting me.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Re: 3 across in a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport?

The Radian should install just fine. I haven't had a problem getting a FF Radian in a Jeep.

Honestly I don't see being able to fit a Regent/Marathon/anything else in the Jeep.

What about a Radian for the 4yo, Marathon for the middle child, and the infant seat & eventually Radian for the baby. Depending on how long your oldest has in the Radian (and how much room the baby has in the bucket), you could hand the Radian down to the baby & put the oldest a booster full-time at that point. Then you'd only have to buy one seat. A Nautilus would work well, too, and give you more room for the oldest.

Witchymama2

I'm just concerned that she will outgrow the Radian by height quicker. She just *barely* can fit height wise in the Marathon, even though she still has room weight wise. (last summer I had to pay adult prices for her at the waterpark because she was so tall. LOL) She is also 50 lbs with very broad shoulders.

I want it to last her awhile because I'm not sure when she'll be ready for a booster. She has a Parkway right now and I'm NOT happy with her in it. She just cannot sit in it well or remember that she has to sit back to be safe. (she has autism)

I like the idea of only buying one expensive carseat right now... but I want her to be safe. The baby is 2 months but a big boy and I cannot carry the bucket well anymore so he'll be out of it soon. Its a super heavy Peg Perego one. I could put him in a scenera, the marathon, or something else... but whatever the 4 yo gets she'll be in until she outgrows and then can pass it down. Hopefully it'll be awhile. LOL I have safe seats for the two youngest right now, but its her that I'm concerned about and want back in a harnessed seat. I'll get new seats for them so I can puzzle better, but I'd really like whatever I get to last kwim?

What about a Regent, Radian, and Scenera? Is there ANY hope of a Regent fit in a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport?

I've been trying to search for successful 3 across with my vehicle or carseats but I can't seem to find much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC