Vehicle options

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Hey All,

I haven't been around much lately, but I have a question. I have closed my home daycare and currently interviewing for a new job. IF I get this job, I will need to either sell or trade in my Sub for something a little more fuel friendly. ;) I still need it to fit 2 rf convertibles and an adult in the back. Right now, I have 2 Britax DCs, but would consider Radians if needed to make this work.

Sedan or crossover preferred. No minivans. Need it to get 25 hwy or better. And priced $15-$20k...preferably in the $15k range. I'd prefer new, but will consider the right used vehicle as I know most crossovers are starting in the $20k range.

Also, I have a big ole Valco twin that needs to fit in the back! LOL

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Hey All,

I haven't been around much lately, but I have a question. I have closed my home daycare and currently interviewing for a new job. IF I get this job, I will need to either sell or trade in my Sub for something a little more fuel friendly. ;) I still need it to fit 2 rf convertibles and an adult in the back. Right now, I have 2 Britax DCs, but would consider Radians if needed to make this work.

Sedan or crossover preferred. No minivans. Need it to get 25 hwy or better. And priced $15-$20k...preferably in the $15k range. I'd prefer new, but will consider the right used vehicle as I know most crossovers are starting in the $20k range.

Also, I have a big ole Valco twin that needs to fit in the back! LOL

No vehicle suggestions, sorry. I just wanted to say how surprised I am to hear that you closed your day care!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
No vehicle suggestions, sorry. I just wanted to say how surprised I am to hear that you closed your day care!

I had issues with my daycare licensing worker over foster care stuff. She threatened to remove my foster kids because she said I didn't have approval from her to get them....which is not what I was told. I decided I would rather work outside the home and continue to foster then deal w/daycare licensing anymore.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I had issues with my daycare licensing worker over foster care stuff. She threatened to remove my foster kids because she said I didn't have approval from her to get them....which is not what I was told. I decided I would rather work outside the home and continue to foster then deal w/daycare licensing anymore.

Sounds like a wise choice!

BW1426

I'd get a used volvo xc70 or a volvo v70 if you don't need the awd that the xc offers. They have lap-shoulder belts in all three backseat locations too, making your seating arrangements a little more flexible. 18mpg city and 25mpg highway! The dealer just bought me an xc70 and it's in the process of being shipped :love: Keep your eyes peeled for lease turn ins :thumbsup:

Also, trying to take two carseated kids with a stroller to the beach in the summer in a sedan :thumbsdown: Explore all your wagon and cross over options first.

How old are your babies and what are their sizes?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The kiddos I currently have are 10.5mo old and riding in DCs. They are 22lbs and 19lbs twins. I also have an 5'2" 140lbs 11yr old.

And FWIW, we don't go to the beach...middle of Oklahoma! LOL

jewlsvern

What about looking into a Mazda 5. It is technically a Micro Minivan, but has the feel of a car. It holds 6 people. They are priced around $17,000 new. I drive one and I love it. The car has 3 rows of 2 people each. I find it very comfortable to drive and the sliding doors make in and out with car seats quick and easy.
I can give you more info if needed.
Julie
DD 13 mos RF in a SR
17# and 28 in

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What about looking into a Mazda 5. It is technically a Micro Minivan, but has the feel of a car. It holds 6 people. They are priced around $17,000 new. I drive one and I love it. The car has 3 rows of 2 people each. I find it very comfortable to drive and the sliding doors make in and out with car seats quick and easy.
I can give you more info if needed.
Julie
DD 13 mos RF in a SR
17# and 28 in

But what do you do with 2 rf convertibles???? I really don't want them the 3rd row...how would someone get to the back row? Can you squeeze between the 2 middle seats?

jewlsvern

Depending on how far back the 2nd row seats were and how big the convertibles were you might be able to squeeze by. Also, my nephew (5 yr old) climbs through the back hatch. The 3rd row seats fold flat so he climbs in and then I pop them up again. You can fold down one or both. It is fairly low to the ground like a car so it is easy to get in to the back that way. I'm not sure the ages of who else would be in the car, but there are a few options. Take your car seats down to a dealer and test drive one. It really is a great car. I usually carry a 7yr old in LBB and 5 yr old in HBB and 13 mo old RF in a SR and occasionally add another 13 mo old RF in a SR.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC