SO STUPID!! Need to vent!!

Misty-Bug

my friend has the evenflo traditions plus carseat. By law in canada you have to have it top tethered. The one that comes with the seat is not long enough. But for some reason it LOOPS around the shell in the back. The C/S rep. told me that is how it is supposed to be. I said well that is silly now isn't it? I loose the 4" that I need.
I barely need any more strap to get the dang thing to reach yet I (as in me paying and my friend paying back) have to pay $15 for a longer tether. How STUPID is that! I think it is anyway. Grr...:mad::thumbsdown: so because it doesn't send the longer strap I have to pay. makes me irritated!!

ADS

Loves2sing

Unfortunatley you are not the first one with this problem. my nephew is in a Bolero, and in his mom's Pontiac montana, the tether strap *barely* reached the anchor. There is only about an inch of harness that you can tighten, and that is only possible when you are pushing down the back of the seat. This is with the headrest raised, and the tether threaded underneath.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We had a similar experience with our old Titan. We didn't even need the extra length for our car, only for my MIL's van. It was a real PITA to change, too.

I agree, it sucks.

Misty-Bug

so is this an evenflo problem? Makes me not like evenflo or dorel now. LOL!! I am becoming a car seat snob. said in a good way of course :love:

unityco

so is this an evenflo problem?

Yup. On one model of the Triumph, (I can't remember if it's the old or new) you didn't even have an option to change the short tether. If it was too short, you were SOL. They've only very recently come out with a separate extension strap for those seats with irreplaceable tethers that you can add to make it reach (and I believe you have to pay for that, too.) :thumbsdown:

Misty-Bug

Yup. On one model of the Triumph, (I can't remember if it's the old or new) you didn't even have an option to change the short tether. If it was too short, you were SOL. They've only very recently come out with a separate extension strap for those seats with irreplaceable tethers that you can add to make it reach (and I believe you have to pay for that, too.) :thumbsdown:

Grr to evenflo :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: to be honest I don't know if I would recommend one now. LOL!!

Loves2sing

I don't think this is a big enough reason to take Evenflo out of the picture. Overall they have some nice seats that fit budgets very well.

It all comes down to the fact that not every carseat fits every car/child, and that is not an Evenflo problem. That is just the way it is with carseats. Here in Canada we have a limited amount of highweight options out there, and if we eliminated Evenflo because of a fixable, although annoying problem, and eliminated the Radian because of the install issues, what does that leave us with? The marathon. Which can be too expensive for people.:twocents:

unityco

I don't think this is a big enough reason to take Evenflo out of the picture. Overall they have some nice seats that fit budgets very well.

I agree, but really, Evenflo should make the longer tethers standard on their seats. It's been many years that this has been an obvious shortcoming (hee hee) for them, and I don't think an extra foot of tether strap is going to ruin their profit margin.

The Radian's issues are a different category. The install problems are intrinsic to the design and not easily corrected. You'd end up with a entirely different seat if you were to fix them.

It is too bad we don't have more options!

Misty-Bug

want to know the funny thing? The tether that is on the seat now is 42". The replacement one is 101":eek::eek::eek: MORE THEN DOUBLE!! We can reach that all the way to the back of the van. LOL. Which we won't. but still.......

Loves2sing

I know, and that is my point. I wouldn't write out Evenflo because it is an easy to fix problem, even though it is annoying. They should just fix it and be done with it, or at the very least provide the extenders for free. All I was saying is that every seat will have their issues when paired with different cars. I couldn't get a decent install with my marathon in a Nissan Rogue, and that is one of the best installing seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC