38lbs - LBP or SPB with Regent

MsFacetious

Ali was 43lbs, so Lisa installed her Regent with short belt path for me a week ago. This is a BETTER installation than the long belt path in this vehicle. There is an inch of movement LBP, there is no movement with SBP. :thumbsup:

Now that Ali has this mystery whatever it is...she is down to 37-38lbs. (I never thought I'd hear Ali called skinny.) I am still thinking I am better off leaving the Regent in with the SBP because it's more secure.

But, I thought I would get everyone's thoughts on it. My thinking was if she hit 35lbs I'd switch it back to LBP...but between 35 and 40 I was okay with SBP since it's a better install.

I'm not going back to Idaho for another 6-12 months, so this also is dependent on me being able to put it in myself. There is absolutely NO guarantees that I could get the seat back in with the SBP...which is why Lisa did it in the first place. (Thanks again Lisa.) :love:

Opinions? :confused:

ADS

courtfrog2

I'd keep her in it with the SBP. Once she gets over her bug, I'm sure she will gain fairly quickly. Plus, you have a tighter install with is SBP so IMO it's fine.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I recently had a similar issue with not being able to install my new Regent with LBP because our seat belts were too short. My son is either 37 (or maybe 38) pounds. Consensus was pretty split (considering I COULD install LBP with LATCH).

At 38 pounds, and considering it's sort of a temporary issue, most likely, I'd be comfortable sticking with the SBP.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't have hesitated to switch Sadi's seat if you had asked. It was a significantly better installation SBP.

MsFacetious

Hmmm well I might give it a try if I can get my brother to help. Maybe using the Debbie/Lisa method we could get it in. :)

If not, I will have you switch it when we come up there...in the middle of winter most likely. lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC