Double Stroller

3acorns4Christy

Hey ladies,

I need help deciding on a double stroller. I do light jogging, but right now the stroller will be used more for when I get together with my SIL about once or twice a month. My dh and I will be TTC this fall so by the time we might have another my son will be 3.

I would like a Bob but I feel like I won't get enough use out of it. What do you think of the sit and stands?

ADS

MySillyKids

I had a origional joovy caboose and it was a monster. VERY heavy to push. I felt like i was putting all my weight into starting the pushing process again. That said, i bought a Baby Jogger City Mini Double, and absoultly LOVE it. :love:

My dad, who pushed the joovy regularly, was SHOCKED of how much a difference the stroller made.

I have heard Lovinwaves say that the new joovy ultralight is awesome, but i haven't had one myself!

gooood luck!

andbabiesmake4

I hated my joovy! BUT I do hear great things about it :whistle:

L.O.V.E my BOB... DS1 is 4 and pretty dang tall for his age & still fits comfortably under the canopy.. so I think it'd be great for you if you're going to be TTC soon!

Melanie

I have the original Joovy caboose and don't like it. As previous poster said, it's a bear to push and turn. The seat isn't comfortable enough for either of my kids to sleep in (ages 3 and 1). It's not much smaller than a regular double when folded. It's also heavy. The new Joovy (ultralight, I think) sounds like it would be better, but it comes with a hefty price tag.

I use a lightweight single stroller and 3 year old walks while baby rides or 3 year old rides & baby goes in the sling. Or, I use a traditional double so they can both be more comfortable.

The Bjorns

My girls are 3 yr 5 mo apart (to the day:p) and I LOVE my Phil & Ted. We had a Graco Metrolite that was completely worn out before #2 was born. I either needed a cheapie single and then a double or something that would work for both times. I tried out the Joovy and really didn't like the handle. Totally the wrong angle for me and my DH (I'm 5'9" and he's just under 6'). Also when DD#1 tried it out while I was still PG I tried talking up how cool it would be for her to be in the jump seat on the back. She hated it--wanted to be buckled up (It's not safe Mommy--guess she listened to all my safety talk).

What I like about the P&T is that I get a great double stroller and when DD #1 no longer has any interest in a stoller, I still have a great single. It was worth the price for us. When we go to the park #1 usually walks, but I can tuck the extra seat underneath and if we need it, I've got it. Also good for the mall if a quick trip takes longer and she poops out. This last weekend I was using it in newborn/toddler mode and she wanted the canopy down. Her head was hitting it, but she insisted and like it. She is 43" and the seat was attached on top so it really raised her up high. Technically, she's too heavy for the rear seat, but we've done it in a pinch without any tipping issues. I used the car seat adapter and give it mixed reviews. It's okay, but you can't use the stroller in doubles mode then.

Just something to consider if you do decide to go with something like a Joovy, 2 kids are heavy to push and air tires make a huge difference. Pushing up a hill coming home from the park I figure I was pushing at least 85 lbs total and I felt it, but the air tires helped. I never could've done that (with a smile at least) in something like our old stroller (hard plastic wheels). For jogging, the P&T's front tire does lock. I wouldn't take it over rough paths, but for what most people do, it would work fine IMO.

Even with the oldest down below, there as plenty of leg room (even with a bunch of stuff in the basket). I've only felt one time that I was having to modify my natural stride with the lower seat and that was when it was reclined for the baby. I still had plenty of room, I just held the stroller a bit farther away. And I tend to take long strides.

If you have a place like USA Baby near you, I would definitely go down and try out a couple of models. Nothing says fun like test driving some strollers and you may find a couple that you really like that you hadn't considered. Also, I think I just saw that Right Start is having a sale on the P&T--free doubles kit! Other stores might be having the same sale, but it's worth a look for a deal!

bekah

Be careful with the P&T if you are tall. I bought it and then realized, after one trip, that I hit the back seat every single step, or was really uncomfortable driving it when trying not to kick it. I'm not that tall 5'8" but my legs are pretty long.

I bought the Graco Quattro Duo, and while it is fine, I used a sling a lot and it was really over kill for what I needed, whished I'd bought the Peg Aria side-by-side instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC