Booster Comparison Pics (mostly headwings)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Okay, I got some comparison pics today! :D (Some of these pics were taken a month or so ago, but I'm including them for a more complete comparison.) I'd like to get Macha in the TB and the Big Kid, for more comparison. Oo, and maybe even that lovely Cosco FF/Booster combo I got off freecycle today - I'd bet she even still fits in it! I need to wash the cover first, though.

Here's the Graco Air Booster and the Britax Parkway:
IMG_1968.jpg

(Sorry, I couldn't line up more today because I'm still sick and was too tired to haul all the boosters out.)

Macha in the Air:
IMG_1969.jpg

Macha in the PW:
IMG_1967.jpg

Macha in the GN:
IMG_1972.jpg

Macha in the Husky:
IMG_1769.jpg

Macha in the TurboBooster:
IMG_2001.jpg

And for how-much-growing-room comparison, a child about to outgrow the Air, compared to how much growing room he'd have in the PW, plus how he fits in the GN (same as the Air, pretty much).

Fighter in the Air, highest setting:
IMG_1604.jpg

Fighter in the PW, highest setting:
IMG_1965.jpg

Fighter in the GN, highest (booster-only) setting:
IMG_2012.jpg

I think the most obvious difference as far as SIP is in the angle of the headwings. For example, from the side the PW and the GN look pretty comparable, but I do think the PW is going to perform better in a side-impact crash simply because the head has less space to travel before striking the sidewings. And I didn't get a pic of the TB headwings because we forgot. (I did mention I'm still sick, right? :D ) I'll try to do that tomorrow. ETA: TB pic is up now!

All the kids loved the Parkway. I even had my 13yo sit in it - at 5'2" he's definitely too big ;) but he did say the seat was "actually pretty comfy." It correctly fit eight kids, ages 2, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9, 10, and 11. (No, no, of course the 2 and 3 year olds would never ride in it, but it's still impressive that this one booster seat could fit all those kids properly!) Of the other boosters we have, only the GN could do the same, and only if you counted it as a backless for the 11yo. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I measured the head wings on the TurboBooster, AirBooster and Parkway -- the AirBooster was .5 inch shallower than the TurboBooster, and the TurboBooster was .5 inch shallower than the Parkway. If the TurboBooster head wings were angled more forward instead of more outward, the pictures would show similar amounts of Macha's face. If her picture had been taken in the B510, a lot more of her face would be showing. I really wish we would have gotten pictures of her in that before I returned it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
lol, I just looked at the boosters, on the park bench. Looked like they were having a good day! Just sittin and talkin.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
That's not a park bench! That's two patio chairs next to each other in Debbie's back yard! She has a fully fenced acre with chickens, the kids LOVE to play & explore her yard in the warmer months! It's awesome!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
...Rember that fancy day we rode in the Rolls Royce?.... (says one expired booster to another wistfully).

Those are great pictures, Debbie!!!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the photo comparison. :thumbsup: I'm seriously tempted to snatch up another Parkway to hoard before it's sold out everywhere. The Univ. of Michigan collegiate Parkway at Albee is calling me... :whistle:

arly1983

Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks for the photo comparison. :thumbsup: I'm seriously tempted to snatch up another Parkway to hoard before it's sold out everywhere. The Univ. of Michigan collegiate Parkway at Albee is calling me... :whistle:

Seriously, I already snatched up a Cowmoo Parkway to use with my cousins and because it matched.....for 60 bucks it can sit (seatbelted in ofcourse) in my 3rd row and look pretty til I need it.

mama2Cecelia

I ordered a PW in Woodstock from albee on the 8th

dd normally rides in a Regent and has a TB for a spare, but after watching those videos, I was sold on the better head protection

she's young~ 4.5, but has always been big for her age~ is now over 45" and over 45 lbs, and long in the torso :mad: having outgrown her MA at age 4

we have tried the TB, she is very mature and extremely safety conscious and obedient, so that went very well

got the PW for back up, mainly for my parents

hope she fits in it OK.......will probably wind up donating the TB to her preschool so they have something "just in case"

~~Kris
CPST and proud mama to Cecelia Violet

Last edited:

scatterbunny

Just for fun, here's how my dd looks in the PW and B510. :) I wish I had taken a side pic of her in the Turbo. Looking at the B510 head-on, the wings don't look like much, but I'm perfectly happy with the B510's wings. They are the same depth as the PW's wings, just angled outward more, so they're deeper than the Turbo, but not *quite* as close to the head. I do agree that the closer, the better for SIP, in my opinion, but I don't think the B510 is bad at all, and I think for my child at least, the B510 is much more comfy and easy to use for us (better belt guides, flip-up armrests, more roomy, back stays fully padded when extended higher, etc.).

Last edited:

Defrost

Got a couple more pics today, including the TB (finally). I was a bit surprised to find it wasn't as deep as the Air or the GN. I'm going to add the pics to my original post.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Debbie, you are standing at a different angle for the turbobooster picture, you are more in front of the seat than next to it. With the other seats you could see the entire back of the seat lined up on the chairs, you need to take a step to the right and snap another pic :thumbsup:

Defrost

Debbie, you are standing at a different angle for the turbobooster picture, you are more in front of the seat than next to it. With the other seats you could see the entire back of the seat lined up on the chairs, you need to take a step to the right and snap another pic :thumbsup:

I see what you're saying, but I don't know that it'll make much difference.

I've put away the camera and the booster's back in dh's car, so I'll try to get a better pic later.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
It will. Photographing something like this is all about the angles, to be accurate they have to be the same.

Defrost

It will. Photographing something like this is all about the angles, to be accurate they have to be the same.

Oh, I know - I worked very hard to keep the angles as similar as possible on the other pics. But I was surprised by the TB because I expected it to be the same as the Air and the GN, so I really played around a lot with the angle before I took the picture. And it's just not that deep. :)

vamom

So I was wondering, if the way the regent fits would make it less safe in a collision? I have been very happy with my husky, but I am starting to wonder if the frontier might offer him more protection (no booster til college, lol). Opinions fro those who are less physics challenged then me please. TIA

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
So I was wondering, if the way the regent fits would make it less safe in a collision?

Personally I would hazard a guess that the Frontier would have slightly more side impact protection than Husky/Regent, but I don't think there's any way (yet) for us to know just how much, if any, so if you're happy with your Husky I personally would just wait till kiddo outgrows it to switch to a dedicated booster.... (This thread might also be interesting)

Defrost

So I was wondering, if the way the regent fits would make it less safe in a collision? I have been very happy with my husky, but I am starting to wonder if the frontier might offer him more protection (no booster til college, lol). Opinions fro those who are less physics challenged then me please. TIA

Does your car have side curtain airbags would be the first consideration. :)

vamom

Yes, I have an 07 pruis with the side air curtains, and ds is usually in the center. He also has a husky for my mom's car, also an 07 buick lucerne with side air bags but he is by the door. In the 94 chevy he is in the back center, obviously no side air bags, and the 00 chevy no ext cab, so front seat, just moved to passenger because of his legs, no side bags, and front airbag disabled. He is rarely in the trucks, and we have switched from the radian to the nautilus.

Well now that there are new pics, I have my eye on the roosevelt! Anyone know how hard it would be to get help from insurance?

Thanks guys.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC