4 in an 08 Honda Pilot?

U

Unregistered

I need help! We have a honda pilot, currently my 2 yr old is FF in a britax marathon and my 7 mo old is RF in a britax decathlon. They are both in the 2nd row.

We are in the process of adopting 2 boys, ages 15 mo and 4 yrs old (probably 18 mo and 4 1/2 when they are home with us). Currently the 15 mo old is about 20 lbs and the 4 yr old is 35 lbs. I'm trying to figure out how to fit them all in our pilot and I'm just not sure what to do. Here is what I'm considering...I'd love some feedback!

Move the 2 britax seats to the 3rd row for the older boys (4 yr old and 2 yr old). Buy 2 Radian 65 seats for the 2nd row and put the 2 younger boys RFing on the "60" portion of the seat so we can have the "40" portion of the seat folded down to get the older 2 into the back easier. I'm not particularly attached to a Radian, but I've heard they are narrower, so I thought they might fit easier if we want part of the seat folded down.

Thoughts? Any other seats that might fit (RFing) in the 2nd row with part of the seat folded down?

Thanks!
Melissa

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
IME, it's easier to put one child in the 3rd row and have him enter/exit via the back hatch.

Also, the Radians may not work in the 3rd row. The seatbelt are anchored forward of the seat bight, and that can create compatability issues, and the Radian is known as a finicky seat anyway.

The Britax seats will work, but *only* if you tether them. You'll find that you can get a tight installation side to side, but there's a lot of front-to-back movement at the belt path. Tighten the tether, then retighten the seatbelt, and this will eliminate the excess movement. (The seats will also be more reclined than the were without the tether.)

I do think with the Radians in the 2nd row, you should be able to access the 40 portion of the split seat. Also, the time when I had 2 (Britax) seats in the middle row and two in the back, I just folded the 40 portion down before installing and left it down. No one could sit in that position, obviously, but the Britax seats on the 60 portion were just a smidge too wide to allow the 40 portion to move freely.

Good luck! It may take some experimenting, but you should find a combination that will work.

KrstlGlass

I have an 08 pilot, I have had no problems putting two regents in the 3rd row leaving my infant seat just in the 2nd row. Regents are pretty big so I don't see how radains wouldn't fit. Also on the 2nd row and I do 3 across I put my two regnets next to each other and I'm almost sure I can still access the 3rd row buy letting the seat down. I can check in the am to make sure I can as that is how my seats are now. It does take lots of time, practice, and patients to get things right. It took me a few times to get my 3 across.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC