Maraton locking clip not working?

Laurette

What can I do about this? I was planning on selling this seat and I realized that it would be a problem.

The manufacture date is 1/31/2007. And I dont think I registered the seat. My mom always told me all they do is sell your address and you end up with a ton of junk mail... I know better now.

TIA

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Your mom was wrong on this one :eek: Carseats have to be registered in case there's a recall, they don't sell your name to anyone else for marketing purposes. But no worries, call them and buy a new lockoff, they are relatively cheap and easy to replace :thumbsup:

seamonkeys

I just had to call about the locking clip on my older MA that I had given my sister. The clasp part had broken and wasn't locking anymore. Mine was out of warranty, but she sent it as a one-time courtesy.

And actually the sent me 2, but I only need one. If you want my extra one, PM me with your address.

pastrygirl

I also just called last week about mine not working (DOM 8/06). I don't use it, but found out that I could have it replaced, so I called. They sent a new set to me free of charge, and it arrived within days. :)

U

Unregistered1

OK so it may sound stupid but have you checked that when you're using the lockoff the little plastic button that keeps your seat belt from slipping down into the seat too far isn't IN the lockoff?

Because I pretty much almost broke a lockoff that way in training :eek:

Laurette

THanks all, I am going to call. :) I am also going to ask about the broken/cracked foam on my seat. I am kicking myself for not calling sooner.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC