sigh....getting close to that weight!

Misty-Bug

Cooper is about 28lbs. my radian is limit is 30lbs RFing. I am kind of sad that I will have to turn him. I must admit though that I am getting frustrated. Frustrated with people. You should turn him, he is almost two. He looks uncomfortable. He is old enough to be FFing. To be honest I am tired of hearing it so I just stick to my guns. But I must admit that there is this ANNOYING part of me that is excited to turn him FFing. But not really. What is my problem! Is it just cause people keep giving me a hard time? He really doesn't know the difference and just straightens his legs. He IS FINE!! sigh.......he will be two on the 16th!!!:eek:

ADS

lizajane30

I can understand that conflicted part of you that is excited about FF. I want to kick myself when I think that, but sometimes I do...I think, wow he's almost a big guy, he'll be FF before I know it! Then reality kicks in and I'm scared about what it will feel like to ride in the car when I have to turn him.

Hang in there. Remember that at this age it can take a loooong time to gain a few pounds. My DS hit 28 lbs nearly a year ago, and now he's only 31 lbs.

-Linda

Misty-Bug

see that is what I think...he will be FFing before I know it! So just leave him!! He just straightens his legs up the seat back or dangles them off the side.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Dd took 4 mos to go from just over 28lbs to just shy of 30lbs. We turned her around after the scale said .2 or .3 short of 30lbs. She was just a couple months shy of 3yrs old at that point... anyways, those last couple lbs could take awhile, and when he does hit 30lbs at least you can tell people you rf'ed to the limits of his seat and he was perfectly happy that way. ;)

And yes, I will outright admit I was looking forward to turning dd ff'ing. I may have done it after she was 3yrs old anyways with her being so close to the limit, but we'll see how I feel when ds nears that age if he's not hovering around 30lbs by then. At 18mos I have no desire to see him ff'ing as he still seems so small and so young. He has 7lbs to go though, so we'll probably get another year anyways. Maybe I'll feel ready by then. :thumbsup:

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Ahhh...I feel your pain. DS is ranging 31 -32lbs with his clothes and shoes on. So I'm afraid we'll be making the switch to FF in the next few months. I'm hoping he hangs on until his birthday in May so that I can officially say that he rear-faced until he was 4 years old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC