highest harness up to 40 lbs?

2wild

Sorry, I'm back again. I'm thinking I might need to change tack and go with a seat that harnesses to 40 lbs. I've been online endlessly looking, but it's hard to find the info. Anyone know which seats that harness up to 40 lbs have the
highest harness slots? Thank you.

just looked at the safety 1st uptown, seems promising, i think

ADS

Chameleon

Both the Graco Cargo, and the Evenflo Chase have slots around 17" But if you get the Cargo you will need to get a front adjusting one.

Edited to say those are both FF only. I'm not sure what you need.

Chameleon

If you are needing a convertible, the newer 3 in 1's have higher top slots than previously, so that might be an option if you need a convertible.

2wild

Thank you. I will check those. What I need is something lightweight and easy to use, so not necessarily a convertible.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cargo's really easy to install and has a normal front harness adjuster (the Evenflos are great, but have weird adjusters, if you're considering grandparental use...)

2wild

The Generations looks much bigger than the Cargo? How do they compare to the ETA? I'm really thinking the Cargo is the one, even if it's not so great as a booster. I reserve the right to change my mind seven or eight times in the next few minutes, though :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Same top slots on the Generations, just that big honkin' headrest makes it look bigger (check out the knobs for harness adjustment...could be awesome, could be horrid... just keep them in mind :) )

U

Unregistered1

OK so I just went to the store and measured the Chase DLX (they didn't have the Cargo) and with the cover on I only got about 13.5". Without the cover it was closer to 14.5-15". Is it possible that the display model was an older DOM and they're making the slats higher now? I'm in the market for a 40 lb harness too for a little peanut, but it has to have top slats 16" or above - already have the Bolero and would get another if I could find it... that was hard enough the first time. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until she's with me and have her sit in it.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would say the best way to tell how much room is to put the kid in the seat at the store. I did this the other day with DS b/c I was curious about what 40 pound convertible he would still fit and he didn't fit very many. He was at or over the top slots for many. He is 2.

Katie, I would agree to take her shopping with you.

2wild

it looks like there is a recall on the graco cargo seats. anyone know anything
about this? so maybe the generations is my best bet? i may get a chance to
do some looking tomorrow but wont have the kiddo with me.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Katie, the Chase has always been ~17 inches, that's really weird you only got 14...I mean really, really weird (before the Radian and Nautilus, the Cargo and Evenflos were always the seats that got recommended for having the highest non-britax top slots...)
<twilight zone music playing because of all the 'haunted' measurements> :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
it looks like there is a recall on the graco cargo seats. anyone know anything
about this? so maybe the generations is my best bet? i may get a chance to
do some looking tomorrow but wont have the kiddo with me.

The recall is only because the NHTSA phone number on the sticker is wrong. The Cargos are great seats, have been out for 7+ years with no safety concerns. But DO check out all the Cargos and Evenflos to see which you like best :thumbsup:

2wild

thanks. i''ll try to hit as many places as i can tomorrow to see what's out there....than i'll drag the kid back with me to try things out. i still think the cargo sounds better if the harness adjuster is weird on the chase (we have an older one which is about to expire, and i don't like the harness adjuster on it....it's in a really awkward spot, right where i want the chest cip to go. are they al like that?). anyway, i'll have a look tomorrow. hopefully i'll find at least one of these since tey don't seem readily available.

U

Unregistered1

Katie, the Chase has always been ~17 inches, that's really weird you only got 14...I mean really, really weird (before the Radian and Nautilus, the Cargo and Evenflos were always the seats that got recommended for having the highest non-britax top slots...)
<twilight zone music playing because of all the 'haunted' measurements> :D

Huh, maybe my pink measuring tape is playing tricks on me? :p Maybe I'm in a paralell universe that has inferior car seats?
I found the Chase they had on display very weird. It had two layers of comfort foam but no EPS foam, and the foam was only on the head/harness slats part of the seat.
I blame Target. This is the same one that has a nasty old BROKEN discovery on display. I need to remember to take my recall list over there with me so I can check if it's been recalled and point it out to them.

Shaunam

Our chase I *believe* is about 16.5". We have a visions too and DS has considerable more room in it. I haven't measured it though. It's at least 17". I think the lack of padding in the visions gives them more room to grow.

Mommy2Five

OK so I just went to the store and measured the Chase DLX (they didn't have the Cargo) and with the cover on I only got about 13.5". Without the cover it was closer to 14.5-15".

(Clickable Thumbnails)

My EF Chase measures right at 17" with the cover pulled back,

But it has the 2 inches of "comfort touch" padding in the seat area

Which makes the measurements with the cover look much lower:

But when the cushion is compressed by the childs weight it really does seat a 17" torso'd child :)

HTH
JoAnn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC