You know you're a car seat nerd when...

Longhorn Lady

You strap your pie crust and empty casserole dishes tightly into the straps of your MA so that they don't move, and therefore break while driving home for Thanksgiving Dinner with family :)

P.S. On a less humorous note, while driving into my SIL's subdivision, we saw her husband pulling out with their 4 year old (our niece) sitting on the center console of their truck bouncing up and down. They were driving on a 50 MPH road :eek: Her MA was in the backseat, but it wasn't strapped in to the seat(flying objects anyone??) and obviously she wasn't sitting in it. My boyfriend and I surmised that the husband just placed the MA in there to make it look to his wife as if he was planning on strapping her in :mad: My boyfriend of course was livid and DID say something to everyone involved, but it made us wonder how often this happens to her and no one notices. (We go to school in Austin, and our families live in Houston). So sad.

ADS

Longhorn Lady

Oh I just re-read this and realized it kind of sounds as if I had a kid AND the pie crust in my MA. :eek:

Um, of course not, haha. The seat was unoccupied :D

Kellyr2

LOL!!
Well, if it makes you feel any better - I had dreams last night about deciding between the marathon, decathalon, boulevard, and Husky.

KeikiHula

LOL, I knew what ya meant. ;) And I must be a nerd, b/c I've done the same thing. I buckled in a whole pitcher of juice a few weeks ago, and I've buckled in casseroles and pies. Might as well get your money's worth out of these Britax seats!! LOL
Oh and carseat dreams...yup, had those too...LOL

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Last night I dreamt that I woke up late for class. But I do have car seat dreams every now and then :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yep, I too have buckled dishes & such into the carseats :rolleyes: & last night I dreamed we got that 2 Way Plus :cool:

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
i dreamed a few nights ago i'd lost a lot of weight and had to be put in a car seat. I wen to BRU and sat in them all and then picked out a nice comfy recaro. Then i woke up and got to drive my dads car to work with his recaro race seats! Almost as good. No harness though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC