My convictions were put to the test yesterday!

tjham

Yesterday, my DH went to pick up our almost 7 yr old, 39 lb.,
still 5 pt harnessed in all vehicles, granddaughter at school at 2:25.
It's a 40 min drive from our house.
I was at home with our 2 1/2 yr old grandson who fell asleep at 1:45.

At 2:30, the phone rang and it was DH.

He had forgotten her carseat (FPSVD)! :eek:

He had been golfing the day before and moved it to make room for two other men.
I was so bummed!
He said "I could just strap her in."
Uh, no... And that's what I said.
He sighed and hung up.
I grabbed DGS out of bed and gently put him in his carseat.
Amazingly, he stayed asleep! This is a kid who does not even fall asleep in the car!
He slept the whole way and woke up right after I turned off the car in the school parking lot.
He was delighted to see his cousin and she, him.

DH was contrite and embarrassed and didn't even mention the all the extra gas we used (and he is a "save gas" freak!)!
I never even considered letting him just "strap her in" !

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Wow! That's even more impressive than mine, lol, I once made my mom come out to the church at 9:00 at night to bring me A's car seat (I had forgotten it). I had M's turbobooster and could have let her ride in there for the five minutes it takes to get home and let M sit in the seat but i just wasn't comfortable with it... my poor mom, LOL.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You go, girl!!!!! (convictions were in the air yesterday... Bitsy rode with her friends (all 8 yo's, the law here is to age 8, I suppose the birthday girl had probably been thrilled to ditch hers in the garage that very morning :/ )to a party and was the only one in a booster because I made her take one.. :) )

Stretchy Glue

H's old babysitter used to use boosters, if there weren't too many kids in the car, but if she had her step kids, she would have the older two sitting on the floor because someone had conveniently cut the center seatbelt out of her 3rd seat in the van. So, she would have 2 80lb projectiles floating around her van. Obviously, when dd told me this, she hasn't gone to her house again. There were other reasons, but "not having enough room in your car to haul all those kids is dangerous" was a lot nicer than saying "your son is a little twit."

tjham

I do have to wonder what I would have done though IF I had been home without a car. :confused:

She *is* legal in AZ to just use the seat belt. :rolleyes:

But I know I would have made several frantic phone calls before admitting defeat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC