Someone asked for my advice...

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...and it made my day!

I'm friends with a couple at work and they're a couple of years behind my DH and I. She's very newly pregnant and isn't telling anybody yet, but her DH and I worked together on a project for a few days and he let it slip. (I think he only let it slip because he thought she had told me already... I was going on about carseats so he figured it was for their benefit. He doesn't work with me enough to know I just go on about carseats with anyone!)

Anyway... now she and I are working together on a project so she asked me about carseats. She wanted to know if she *had* to use a bucket, or if she could just get one of those 3-in-1 seats to save money. Of course I told her to stay far away from those and recommended she look at the EFTA for starters. She started laughing so hard she got a stitch in her side because she couldn't believe all the stuff I knew off the top of my head (like the model names, cover styles, weight ranges, where to buy, etc.) Doesn't everyone know that stuff?! :p

Now, as we were laughing about that, another woman we're working with who's pregnant with twins told us about the great deal she just got on a used travel system. I asked her if she had at least checked the expiry dates. She just rolled her eyes. :( Guess you can't win them all.

I'm still stoked about one less 3-in-1, though!

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Yay! Doesn't that just feel great? I've been telling coworkers about my CPST class and three different people have asked for my advice already, then agreed to take it! :D Makes us feel like we're really making a difference.

The thing about this field is that, you never know when you're making a difference. Any one of these kids that we are working to get safely secured could be in an accident at any time. We may never know. We may never know if their child's life was saved because they were educated on car seat safety... so we really have no idea how many people we're potentially saving. My position is one life saved is enough to justify the entire program :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC