Recaro Signo question

Stretchy Glue

Okay-We had two of these come through our clinic on Tuesday (yes 2 on one Navy base, both in Blush) and could not for the life of us find a model number OR manu. date. One tech called Recaro and they said "it should be on the base somewhere" and we found a bar code but no date. We did learn how to tell if the recall had been fixed, and both of these had, but I was wondering if anyone knew where the date was.
FTR, I thought the seats were really cumbersome but really easy to install, once you got the seatbelt around the bar correctly. It was a tight fit, and my hands show the beating for it. I don't know really what I think because I had so many cars lined up that I didn't get much in the hands on department.

ADS

southpawboston

all of my recaros (all FOUR of them :dizzy:) have the DOM on the bottom of the base, on the same sticker as the serial number. the model number is also on the sticker.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
IIRC, Recaro uses a date code and you have to stop and think about it before you realize it's a date since it's not in the normal mm/dd/yy or even Euro dd/mm/yy.

ETA: I just looked up the pic of the Start I sold and it said 26 ABR. 2005, so that wasn't a code, but I vaguely remember seeing a code for a date on a Como, I think. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC