under the foam (preferably)
outside of the crotch buckle
either lock-off is technically approved

Regent:
Recline bar w/ every install
Long belt path under 40 lbs
Short belt path over 40 lbs
MUST use tether over 50 lbs

Is that accurate? Seems like it should be opposite - lbp for heaver kids. :shrug-shoulders:

Pre-advisory (2/19) can be used per the old methods? This is only new stuff, right?

Thanks!

ADS

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
starlightCPST;397718]Marathon/Clones:
seatbelt over or under the metal bars? over for LS belt under *I think* for LB
under the foam (preferably)
outside of the crotch buckle yes
either lock-off is technically approved yes

Regent:
Recline bar w/ every install yes
Long belt path under 40 lbs yes
Short belt path over 40 lbs yes
MUST use tether over 50 lbs yes

Is that accurate? Seems like it should be opposite - lbp for heaver kids. :shrug-shoulders:

Pre-advisory (2/19) can be used per the old methods? This is only new stuff, right?
right
Thanks![/quote]

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Okay, I got confused. Britax lists 2 Regent manuals.

Prior to 2/19/08
and 2/19/08 to present

I didn't see the 08, I guess.

jessclear

rear facing the seatbelt goes between the child and the buckle, otherwise it rides up over the crotch strap and makes it too short.

the seatbelt always goes under the LATCH bars except for ff with l/s belt (so the shoulder belt will be in proper position and be able to reach the ff lock-off).

did you check out the manual? here's the newest version for the MA- http://www.britaxusa.com/support/documents/Marathon_P311500_R1.pdf

I just looked at the MA manual linked above. It states "IMPORTANT: The vehicle belt must rest behind the child seat buckle". I own a DC and have always put the vehicle belt in front of the crotch buckle. It fits naturally that way without having to move the buckle out of the way. I looked in the DC manual and it says nothing about where to place the vehicle belt. I just looked at the seat again and it seems that if I put the vehicle belt between the buckle and DD, that it will pull the buckle forward and interfere with a tight install as I tighten the seat belt. Does this make sense?

Just to clarify, I am putting the belt in front of the buckle, meaning that the vehicle belt is closest to my DD feet (as opposed to her butt). It seems that the MA manual is stating to put the belt closer to her butt, but that will interfere with the crotch buckle.

Now I'm worried I have been doing it wrong, but why does the DC manual not have the same statement as the MA manual?

sb518

Probably because of the 3 crotch strap positions in the DC. It probably makes it impossible to go one way or the other all of the time... kwim?

skaterbabs

the seatbelt always goes under the LATCH bars except for ff with l/s belt (so the shoulder belt will be in proper position and be able to reach the ff lock-off).

Actually, while the pictures in the manual show the lap belt going under the bars both RF and FF, it's only required forward facing according to the text.

PixieEMT

I'm glad to see the new MA manual states the 1" above the head rule. My MA manual doesn't mention anything about the 1inch rule.:thumbsdown:

kphil

I'm confused on the crotch strap/vehicle strap issue now, too. When they say "behind" the child seat buckle, do they mean behind, as in between the child and the crotch strap, or do they mean behind relative to the car--with a rf seat, the vehicle belt being behind the crotch strap would make it so the crotch strap was between the child and the vehicle belt. kwim?

I'm also wanting clarification on the latch bar routing, as it looks like their are contradictory statements on this thread. Always under, except for ff with a l/s belt? Mine is currently rf, with belts under the latch bars.

Kirsten

sb518

Watch the installation video... http://www.britaxusa.com/safety/default.aspx
The belt MUST go between the childs crotch and the buckle. It would hold the buckle down if it was toward the feet. At least on a MA, but the video is labeled for all of the Britax seats.

They say on the video "on this DVD or your user guide" does that mean they will be sending out DVDs ALONG with manuals!?!? That would be AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: I think people would be more willing to watch a DVD than to read the manual.

Amaris

I love my marathons, but I do wonder how many of them are installed the way they are supposed to be. I used to think britax was so easy, but I'm starting to think they can be just as confusing as everyone else!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm glad to see the new MA manual states the 1" above the head rule. My MA manual doesn't mention anything about the 1inch rule.:thumbsdown:
Nope, the older ones were 'good' until the tops of the ears were even with the top of the seatback RF...but with a 33 pound limit, it was going to be some kind of kid made of taffy to be that light and that tall (33 pounds and like 52 inches?!?!?!), so in essence a height limit didn't really matter. It's nice they've caved to be like everyone else with the one inch rule, though... :thumbsup:

kphil

Thanks for that picture link, Jools, that helps a lot. I'll go double-check mine to make sure that's the way I have it. I looked at the next picture with the angle, too, and now I need to go post a new question with a pic of mine.

Kirsten

pastrygirl

Jools, thanks for the pic! I was worried that maybe I've been doing it wrong, but mine looks just like yours. Phew!

I watched the Britax video. Does anyone actually install with a belt over the MA cover??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC