ISO: Joovy doll carseat

ADS

celtic1885

ok, ok, I caved.........I bought 2! I figure I'll put them away till Christmas (hehe) and then my baby will be 18 month and my toddler will be one month shy of 3 - can't get just one..............

I need to stop clicking on threads............I'm spending money! :whistle:

munchkin

The Fedex guy just delivered mine!! My niece will be (ok I am) so excited.

Now what to do with the second I just HAD to buy because of such a great deal:whistle:.

munchkin

MIne will be here Thursday.

I think you already have the infant seat, but I read through the manual and that thing is DETAILED. I was laughing at the whole thing

*don't submerge the straps in water, they will fail
*make sure the straps are in the slot at the shoulders or just above
*put the carseat in the middle position
*press down with your knee the get it tight

and my favorite

*get rid of it if it is in an actual car accident:eek:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think you already have the infant seat, but I read through the manual and that thing is DETAILED. I was laughing at the whole thing

*don't submerge the straps in water, they will fail
*make sure the straps are in the slot at the shoulders or just above
*put the carseat in the middle position
*press down with your knee the get it tight

and my favorite

*get rid of it if it is in an actual car accident:eek:

Yes, I do. I think it is great that thier manual is pretty much like the real thing. I think this will help our kids to continue with CPS

Holly

I told dh about it and he doesnt care that much. How can he care when he just got to spend $450 on himself?
I decided I'm going to keep it until I have our third baby (Should be next April or May if we have good, fast luck) and also get another one for Abby.
I want to get them new baby dolls and they get to bring them home when we come home with the baby.
I got the infant seat too. I wish it would have been only $12 as well, but whatever. I found out toys r us has them for $40 and it doesnt show that it's a sale price, so I'm thinking I'll get my 2nd one from there sometime later, I'll wait until I can find an awesome shipping code or something.

courtfrog2

The Fedex guy just delivered mine!! My niece will be (ok I am) so excited.

Now what to do with the second I just HAD to buy because of such a great deal:whistle:.

What the heck...I was thinking I was the first to order mine... and the tracking says SATURDAY.... NOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait any longer! I mean my DD can't wait! LOL

munchkin

What the heck...I was thinking I was the first to order mine... and the tracking says SATURDAY.... NOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait any longer! I mean my DD can't wait! LOL

There were 4 states listed (NY, NJ, something else and of course mine) where you had to pay taxes. So I think there is maybe a warehouse close by or something. Probably why I got mine a little quicker then it is saying for everyone else. Really I could have waited longer and not paid the couple of extra bucks ;).

Last edited:

jclaire

I just checked the tracking on mine and it doesn't even have an ETA! ARGH!

I showed DD (2) a picture of it and she gasped and said "Mine! Mine car seat for baby buckle up!!"

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Ours arrived yesterday and DD just LOVES it! She knew what it was - and who it was for - the second she saw the box, which she started tearing into.

However, what I didn't anticipate was this:

"Mom, you howp me unbuckle dis?"

"OK, honey, but please don't buckle it when your doll's not in it."

"OK Mom."

"Mom, you howp me unbuckle dis?"

"Is your doll in it?"

"No."

"OK, honey, but please don't buckle it up when your doll's not in it."

"Ok Mom."

"Mom, you howp me ... "

Over and over and over ... (Insert a few requests to actually buckle/unbuckle the doll, too.)

courtfrog2

We got ours today before we went on a road trip to pick up my 8 year old. I was more excited than her. I installed it next to hers in the van and put her monkey in it.

On the trip I asked her how her monkey is doing and if she likes her seat. She said, "That monkey not alive mommy, she don't like anything!"

So much for pretending with her!

My oldest one loved it and was very jealous. I told her that I'm sure that she'll end up playing with it more than her sister!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ours isn't here yet and the tracking info. hints it should arrive tomorrow, yayy. It's some FedEx and postal service shipping service combination and I'm not sure which delivery truck to stalk, lol.

jclaire

Ours isn't here yet and the tracking info. hints it should arrive tomorrow, yayy. It's some FedEx and postal service shipping service combination and I'm not sure which delivery truck to stalk, lol.

Yeah, I'm really confused as to who will be delivering mine. I guess I'll just stalk both! lol

courtfrog2

Mine was delivered by my mailman!

I stalked her and waited in my van until she got here since we were going out of town and I didn't want to wait. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We got ours yesterday... Leah tried to sit in it, of course...the buckle won't quite reach.. then a few babies went into it...then the joy of the buckles is all she wants...buckle buckle buckle...I'm about to get a repetetive motion injury from UNbuckling it!!!!

:D

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ours was on the porch when we got home from running errands and I still don't know who actually made the delivery. I'm guessing the U.S. mail carrier because our mail was also here when we got home. I also have a feeling DD2 will try to sit down and buckle herself into it instead of her dolls when she sees it. I'm saving the toy seat for DD2's birthday in a couple months, but I do intend to open the box and play with it myself after the kids go to bed tonight. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC