Unexpected finds at Meijer: Nautilus and pink Scenera!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
DD and I were grocery shopping at Meijer this morning. (Meijer is a big MI-based chain with stores in MI, OH, IN, KY, and I'm not sure where else ... ) We went through the car seat section, as we always do because DD begs me to. I expected to see the usual collection - HBBs, a couple of cheap infant seats, an AOE, a 5-pt Scenera, a couple of combination seats, etc. Imagine my surprise when I saw not only the Daisy Daze Scenera but also the Nautlus! I think it was the Bravo cover but I'm really not sure.

Of course, I didn't have DS with me - I actually really want to try him in this seat. (He has been asking for a harnessed seat for our secondary car - and I may just grant his request. He's only got a 16" torso, so he'd have plenty of room in a Nautilus/Radian/Frontier etc.) But DD fit quite well with the harness on the lowest slots. She liked it and seemed very cozy. She is 27 lbs and about 35".

Not sure how I would feel about it for a bigger kid. I'm not wild about the huge arm rests, and I wonder how the padding will be with the headrest all the way up. I'll actually have a chance to try him in one tomorrow, so we shall see.

Anyway, I was very pleased to see some decent seats at Meijer!

ADS

Shaunam

I'm so gonna have to take DS with me to meijer today! Ours has the *worst* selection of seats. I think they have the tribute, OHS scenera, evenflo discovery 3 point, one other infant seat I'm not familiar with, a cosco harnessed booster and the evenflo high back booster. It's really pathetic. I'd be SO excited if they got some new seats in!

I might just drop them a little comment about how their car seat selection is lacking compared to the competition and suggest what seats they *should* stock. :whistle:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
How much was it at Meijer? I will have to check out the 5 we have in our town! LOL.

It was $150. They JUST got it in this week - it wasn't there when I went grocery shopping there last Saturday.

I know that Meijer has some online shopping available now - I wonder if they have the ability to check store inventory online? Might save you a trip!

TerisBoys

DD and I were grocery shopping at Meijer this morning. (Meijer is a big MI-based chain with stores in MI, OH, IN, KY, and I'm not sure where else ... ) We went through the car seat section, as we always do because DD begs me to. I expected to see the usual collection - HBBs, a couple of cheap infant seats, an AOE, a 5-pt Scenera, a couple of combination seats, etc. Imagine my surprise when I saw not only the Daisy Daze Scenera but also the Nautlus! I think it was the Bravo cover but I'm really not sure.

Of course, I didn't have DS with me - I actually really want to try him in this seat. (He has been asking for a harnessed seat for our secondary car - and I may just grant his request. He's only got a 16" torso, so he'd have plenty of room in a Nautilus/Radian/Frontier etc.) But DD fit quite well with the harness on the lowest slots. She liked it and seemed very cozy. She is 27 lbs and about 35".

Not sure how I would feel about it for a bigger kid. I'm not wild about the huge arm rests, and I wonder how the padding will be with the headrest all the way up. I'll actually have a chance to try him in one tomorrow, so we shall see.

Anyway, I was very pleased to see some decent seats at Meijer!

We'll have at least one tomorrow in Jackson that you're welcome to play with.

My middle son (8yo) JUST fits in it as a booster - pics here: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=391971&postcount=8

My littlest has a 15.5" torso - this is how he fits:
SR-C021.jpg
He's right AT the third slots with it installed w/o recline.

TerisBoys

Nauti isn't on the Meijer site yet. But they do have the Apex for $119.99.

And the Graco SS1 and SS2.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
LOL I was just at Meijer this morning but haven't ventured into the carseat aisle there lately. I usually have to cringe and put blinders on because of the OHS Scenera I've seen there before. Good to know of another source for the 5-point Scenera and the Nauti. :thumbsup:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
LOL I was just at Meijer this morning but haven't ventured into the carseat aisle there lately. I usually have to cringe and put blinders on because of the OHS Scenera I've seen there before. Good to know of another source for the 5-point Scenera and the Nauti. :thumbsup:

Jean, it WAS the Meijer near you, too. Sometimes I go to the one on Ford Rd - I'm pretty much right in between them.

LOL, we were probably there at the same time. DD and I were there from 8-9:30 (yes, we linger).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Too funny, we missed you by an hour or so there. We stopped there to pick up some things for the trip to Jackson tomorrow, lol. I'll have to visit the carseat aisle more regularly now.

courtfrog2

I just went to my Meijer... used the excuse that i had to get snacks for tomorrow :whistle: and they have the Nautilus too!!! Also, the box is different than when they first came out. When I got mine it showed pictures of kids in the seats. I made a comment when I reviewed it at walmart.com about the kid being awefully little to be in the BPB when the harness goes to 65lbs... Maybe they took it off because of my little review! LOL. :rolleyes:

Nice to see Meijer had a good seat!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Also, the box is different than when they first came out. When I got mine it showed pictures of kids in the seats. I made a comment when I reviewed it at walmart.com about the kid being awefully little to be in the BPB when the harness goes to 65lbs... Maybe they took it off because of my little review!

Good job!

And methinks we're going to have some well-fed kids tomorrow! :D I got DS some snacks too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC