Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Technician

Booster Seat Legislation

So in less than a month my province of New Brunswick will be enforcing booster seat laws. The thing is, I don't think anyone is even aware. I'm wondering how your provinces prepared for this?

I have yet to see an ad (other than a small block in a TRU flyer) a TV commercial any mailouts, radio spots on this. This makes me really mad! Don't get me started on our provincial Government right now after this whole French Immersion fiasco!

So I just wanted to hear about how your provinces prepared for this?
    Cara- CRST- Mom to:
    Finn- Jan 2007- 47lbs- FF Radian XT- Ventura ||Ciaran- Nov 2004- 48 lbs- SK Monterey ||Liam- Nov 2002- 59lbs- SK Monterey- Black ||Mackenzie- Sept 1996- 110lbs and 5'9" safely using seatbelt since 11 years.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Re: Booster Seat Legislation

I remember Ontario had it commenced on Sept 1 so lots of ads, school write-ups, etc. to coincide with the start of the school year.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

CPS Technician

Re: Booster Seat Legislation

Thanks I just emailed the Minister of Public Safety to find out how they're planning on enforcing it if no one is aware? I think sending something home with every K-3 student would be one of the easiest ways. Hmmn. I know the principal of our school, maybe I'll give him a call to send out a school wide voice mail to inform everyone.
    Cara- CRST- Mom to:
    Finn- Jan 2007- 47lbs- FF Radian XT- Ventura ||Ciaran- Nov 2004- 48 lbs- SK Monterey ||Liam- Nov 2002- 59lbs- SK Monterey- Black ||Mackenzie- Sept 1996- 110lbs and 5'9" safely using seatbelt since 11 years.