Carseat info asap

dawnsmiles

Does anyone now if this car seat covers up to 100lbs without a latch or is it need after a certain weight? Britax Parkway Booster Car Seat with Side Impact Protection

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Parkway does not allow the use of LATCH at any weight.

Is that what you are asking?

dawnsmiles

Yes thank you. My neice was just in an accident and we are trying to get her new seat right now. We like this one because it goes up to 100lbs but it needs to be easily removed from car. What about any seats with 5 pt harness. Shes 4yrs old.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I agree, I would get something with a 5pt harness. What about the Graco Nautilus? It harnesses to 65 pounds and then converts to a belt-positioning booster, and then to a backless booster. It should be pretty easy to transfer between cars.

dawnsmiles

She was in the Graco Turbobooster until the accident the other day. the insurance company is recommending a 5-pt harness booster?!!!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That just means a combo seat, which has a 5 pt harness and then converts to a booster. That is what the Nautilus is :)

ErinGoBragh

I think that it is awesome that the insurance company wants you to get a 5 pt harness.

I would also go with the Graco Nautilus.

scatterbunny

Hey, Renae! :D (Guys, this is my best friend, the one I flew to VA to help drive back to OR a few months ago :p )

The Parkway is a really great booster, and as a TurboBooster replacement, I'd say go for it, except for her age and size. I really do think she's way better off in a harness, still, and was disappointed when they moved her to a booster anyway. :whistle: I think the Nautilus is a perfect solution because it will keep her harnessed. That means it'll have to be installed each and every time it's moved between grandma's and mom's vehicles, though. How new are their vehicles, again (I know your aunt's car was just wrecked, but what will she be replacing it with)? If they are new enough to have LATCH, installation is easier than a seatbelt in some cases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC