6 yo killed in Grand Rapids, MI

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
http://fox17.trb.com/news/032908-wxmi-caraccident,0,7979181.story

Head on collision with a drunk driver, 18yo driving a Corolla sized car with SIX kids in the car. :eek:

6yo killed, 18yo critical, 9yo girl in serious condition (news just said she's in the hospital with her jaw wired shut).
Other four kids were treated and released for non-life-threatening injuries.

Oh my, there were 8 people in the car altogether! I wonder what on earth he was doing with all those kids in his car? They obviously weren't his own children, though a couple may have been his siblings.

So sad.

TheNimpsGirl

:( I didn't hear anything about this on the local news, but then again, I didn't watch the news this weekend. Did they say if any of them were restrained? I know a while back when that one accident happend with those 5 or 6 teenage girls in it (they were all in the one car) who blew through a stop sign, they didn't really provide a lot of information about that either and didn't even both to do one of those special segments about carseat safety. I think it's so sad and my thoughts go out to those children's families.

scatterbunny

:( :( :(

A similar crash happened in Oregon recently. A Toyota Camry (seats five) carrying seven people, including four children, was literally ripped in half when it hit a tree. :( Only an adult man and a two year old child survived. Two adult women and three children, ages 7, 7 and 5 (totally unrestrained) were killed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC