To the Car Seat graveyard!

PixieEMT

Here are two gems that are going to car seat heaven!

The one with the shield showed up on my porch on Sunday. (Seats show up similar to stray cats!) :whistle:

The Century is from 1985! A RN at the local birthing center was going to use it for her grandson (8months?) that is coming to visit from FL:eek:! Thankfully, she brought it to me. I loaned her my Scenera for the week her DD comes in with the baby. Look at the scary harness close up!:eek:

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

ADS

TerisBoys

ACK to the harness, and double ACK to the trayshield Touriva complete with notches in the shell!

megabloxs

That Century seat is not a 1985. The patient was from 1985. The seat would have been made sometime between 1993 and 2001 when they started making that plastic holder on the crotch strap.

Nasty seats though. I have seen many people who feed the belts that way, because the belts were fed under the seat like the Scenera.

Loves2sing

:eek: THANK GOD she brought it to you instead! Really people is $40 not worth your kid's safety?

My realtor thought I was nuts as soon as she noticed me checking out the caskets, opps I mean carseats sitting in some of the people's houses and lawns (nice storage place :rolleyes:) Those at least look better than some of the beauties I found!

Icemomof3

OMG I used to have a seat like the one on the right for my oldest son, it was bought in 1995. Needless to say that seat has been in car seat heaven for a long time now.

mommyto4

I had two of those Century seats. One for each of my girls. My girls were born in 1997 & 1998. These seats were their spare seats that were in DH's car. I actually thought they were great (for extra seats). The girls main seat were a Britax Freeway and a Roundabout.

Mommy2Marcus

ACK! At least you got them instead of someone using them! Those are just nasty though. And to think a nurse was going to use them...did she know nothing??

jaded

I've seen plenty of 5pt seats with their harnesses done like that. Parents or other caregivers take the seat apart to clean it, and then can't figure out how to put the harness back together, so they just guess.

I had that seat too, at the time, I was doing quite good. It was at least a 5pt.

Suzibeck

I had that Century seat for my dd born in 1996. The only thing I liked about it was the plastic holder thingy for the crotch buckle, it helped a lot when she went through that arching her back while I was buckling her stage. It was a bear to install and the straps bunched up in the buckle tongues somethig awful. I was anal about keeping them untwisted, but the bunching drove me nuts and there was nothing I could do about it. I got my next dd an OHS because that seat turned me off to 5-pt harnesses so bad. I was so skeptical when I bought my RA in 2002, but I had heard the harness was terrific. I'm so glad I bought that RA!

essnce629

OMG, I saw that same exact Century seat at my son's preschool back in San Diego. It looked so old and I just remember thinking I wish I could find out exactly whose it was. That was in 2006. I wonder how old the seat was back then. Scary!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC